Work making subtitles/translations?
Thread poster: Nahuel Benvenuto
Nahuel Benvenuto
Nahuel Benvenuto
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 19, 2019

Hello, i was trying to do the "netflix translator test" but i realized that is not possible anymore, what other streaming sites or jobs online where you can translate and make subtitles can i find?

abdelkader jbira (X)
abdelkader jbira (X)  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 18:00
Arabic to French
+ ...
Subscene Sep 20, 2019

Dans ce site vous pouvez vous entraîner et sous-titrer bénévolement et même discuter sur les forums pour trouver de bons tuyaux .

https://subscene.com/

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
Local time: 19:00
French to English
+ ...
TED Sep 20, 2019

You could try volunteering to translate subtitles for TED. I was accepted as a volunteer subtitle translator a couple of weeks ago, although I have yet to receive a project...

https://www.ted.com/participate/translate

Agata Schweizer
Agata Schweizer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:00
English to Polish
TED Sep 20, 2019

To add a note, that in case of TED you are choosing a talk you want to translate. You can work on any talk you find interesting. They are not being allocated to translators.

Galyna P.

Mark Harris
Mark Harris
France
Local time: 19:00
French to English
+ ...
I didn't realise that... Sep 22, 2019

Agata Schweizer wrote:

To add a note, that in case of TED you are choosing a talk you want to translate. You can work on any talk you find interesting. They are not being allocated to translators.

Ah ok! Interesting. I've taken another look though and understandably the vast majority are originally in English, my native tongue, and there doesn't seem to be a way of filtering videos by their original language, only by what languages they have or have not yet been translated into. I would only be looking for French or Spanish videos to translate into English, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to find these...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work making subtitles/translations?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »