Cecilia Norton
Cecilia Norton
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
English to French
+ ...
Apr 2, 2019

Hi,
I'm working for a company who is producing more and more video content to be translated into various languages. They usually produce the subtitle in English first, then send the script (with time encoding) to various translators who produce the translated version into that same word document and send it back to the video editor who will insert the translation back into the video.

I'm looking for a sofware which will not necessarely create the subtitle, but just all
... See more
Hi,
I'm working for a company who is producing more and more video content to be translated into various languages. They usually produce the subtitle in English first, then send the script (with time encoding) to various translators who produce the translated version into that same word document and send it back to the video editor who will insert the translation back into the video.

I'm looking for a sofware which will not necessarely create the subtitle, but just allow the translators to work on it, so the video editor does not have to manually insert the translation back.

I found this free online tool http://www.syedgakbar.com
Which is simple enough, except that when I correct the Google translated content (and translate properly), if i leave something in English by choice, the computer does't like it and translate literally back. Anyway, this tool won't work haha, but I liked the principle of it.

I am not new to translations, but new to subtitling, and it's a whole new world out there haha, and I hope to just find a way for this company to work more efficiency.

Thank you for your input.

Cecile
Collapse

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:20
French to Spanish
+ ...
A script Apr 2, 2019

with time coded is called template o spotting list.
A script is something completely different.
If you have a template or spotting list, no need for special sotware.
Just overwrite it. Don't touch times.
(And please, watch the motion picture...)

Khalid Sabili

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:20
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Agree... Apr 3, 2019

...with Juan. Any text editor would do the job. But If CPS and CPL counts matter in those videos (I think they should) then you may need a subtitling software to watch those numbers. It's easy with a software. I'm using Subtitle Edit Pro for Mac. There's plenty for Windows; Aegisub, Subtitle Workshop seems like popular ones. And second FAQ on this page might be the answer to your "translating back... See more
...with Juan. Any text editor would do the job. But If CPS and CPL counts matter in those videos (I think they should) then you may need a subtitling software to watch those numbers. It's easy with a software. I'm using Subtitle Edit Pro for Mac. There's plenty for Windows; Aegisub, Subtitle Workshop seems like popular ones. And second FAQ on this page might be the answer to your "translating back" problem. http://www.syedgakbar.com/projects/dstCollapse

Josephine Cassar

Nourhane Atmani
Nourhane Atmani
Algeria
Local time: 09:20
Member (2023)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Editor Oct 3, 2023

I've been using Movavi for editing and inserting subtitles. It's super intuitive. Once I've got my video in the editor, I just click "No subtitles" in the output information section, and a pop-up lets me add whichever subtitle file I need. This might help your video editor bypass some manual steps, making the process smoother.

SAMON UT

SAMON UT
SAMON UT
Cambodia
Local time: 15:20
English to Khmer (Central)
+ ...
Agree on movavi Oct 9, 2023

I'm also using Movavi. What I like about it is that it supports all kinds of formats, making the process easier because I don't need to convert the files every time. Speaking about overall features, I like it automated ones like background removal and color correction.

For more about its features and other alternatives to use, you can
... See more
I'm also using Movavi. What I like about it is that it supports all kinds of formats, making the process easier because I don't need to convert the files every time. Speaking about overall features, I like it automated ones like background removal and color correction.

For more about its features and other alternatives to use, you can read this article: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-professional-video-editing-software.html.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:20
English to Russian
Movavi Oct 10, 2023

SAMON UT wrote:
I'm also using Movavi.
Hi Samon,
Could you please advise a path to that feature? What do I have to click to get it? I use Movavi but I never knew I could edit subtitles there. As far as I know it only can insert text boxes.
Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a subtitling sofware for inserting translations

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »