What is the best software for printing subtitles on a video after translation for a client?
Thread poster: basima Takrouri
basima Takrouri
basima Takrouri  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:30
English to Arabic
Feb 14, 2019

I have a client who agreed with me a while ago on subtitles translation services, I did one project and he asked me to also do the time coding, no template was provided. I charged him USD 4.5 per min then.

Now, I accepted a new project of 10 movies, but he also wants me to print the subtitles on the video, what is the standard rate for full subtitle creation, translation, and printing?

Most importantly, what is the best software for that and what is the best subtitle
... See more
I have a client who agreed with me a while ago on subtitles translation services, I did one project and he asked me to also do the time coding, no template was provided. I charged him USD 4.5 per min then.

Now, I accepted a new project of 10 movies, but he also wants me to print the subtitles on the video, what is the standard rate for full subtitle creation, translation, and printing?

Most importantly, what is the best software for that and what is the best subtitle editing software?
Collapse

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:30
French to Spanish
+ ...
Hi. Feb 14, 2019

There is a forum called Subtitling.
I think it's the best place to ask.
Good luck.

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:30
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Burning Mar 12, 2019

Hi Basima,

I think you meant "burning" subtitles on video. Do you work on PC or Mac? For Mac, I can recommend you Subtitle Edit Pro, great with creating subtitles but some issues with burning. So I use Submerge for burning subtitles on videos/films.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the best software for printing subtitles on a video after translation for a client?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »