Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:28
German to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2007

Dear fellow StudentZ,

This thread is reserved for discussions, comments, questions, etc, on the second students writing contest that's underway.

Please feel free to ask any question, doubt, you may have - Soledad and myself also stay at your disposal per e-mail.

CheerZ,
Anne

[Modifié le 2007-12-19 15:43]

Karol Kacprzak
Karol Kacprzak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Simple question... Nov 16, 2007

How many stories per person?

Karol

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No limits Nov 16, 2007

Hi Karol

You can submit as many stories as you want. There's no limit per person

CheerZ,
Anne

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
First story! Nov 17, 2007

Hey we already got the first entry!!
http://www.proz.com/post/720256#720256

Great Endlezz that you "took the plunge" with us!

Fantastic weekend to you all!

S.

Endlezz (X)
Endlezz (X)
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
:) Nov 22, 2007

SoleProz wrote:
Great Endlezz that you "took the plunge" with us!

Fantastic weekend to you all!

S.

Thanks SoleProz! I really enjoyed writing my short story! I'd say have a nice weekend too, but you'll have to sit out one more day (since I didn't read see this topic until now, thursday afternoon

Cheers!

Endlezz

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
10 days to go Dec 3, 2007

Hi, fellow StudentZ !

C'mon guys, I'm sure many of you have great stories and great writing skills in your pocket ! You still have until Friday next week (December 14th) to submit your story !

CheerZ & good luck

Anne

saubin (X)
saubin (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:28
English to French
Posting a new story Dec 3, 2007

Anne Diamantidis wrote:

Hi, fellow StudentZ !

C'mon guys, I'm sure many of you have great stories and great writing skills in your pocket ! You still have until Friday next week (December 14th) to submit your story !

CheerZ & good luck

Anne

How do I go about posting a story? I do not see the "Post a New Topic" link. Thanks!
Suzanne

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reply to the contest thread Dec 3, 2007

Hi Saubin,

You just have to click on the "reply" button at the thread http://www.proz.com/topic/89534, that is reserved specially for the entries, you don't need to create a new topic.

Great to learn that you are going for it!

CheerZ,

Sole

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only a few days left ! Dec 10, 2007

Hi fellow StudentZ !

You still have until Friday to submit your entries !
Looking forward reading you all !

CheerZ,
Anne

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Masterpieces! Dec 11, 2007

Woow!! The pieces that you have been submitting for the contest are so so good!
It's really motivating and brightening to see so many talented people writing their souls out. I must say I am somewhat relieved I don't get to vote, cause really guyZ, the texts are so good that I don't know how I could make up my mind for one!

Well, also I wanted to suggest -read ask- contestants one thing: what about putting a picture in your profiles? We plan to do some really nice promotion fo
... See more
Woow!! The pieces that you have been submitting for the contest are so so good!
It's really motivating and brightening to see so many talented people writing their souls out. I must say I am somewhat relieved I don't get to vote, cause really guyZ, the texts are so good that I don't know how I could make up my mind for one!

Well, also I wanted to suggest -read ask- contestants one thing: what about putting a picture in your profiles? We plan to do some really nice promotion for winners (even better than last time) with changing banners with the winners and all, and it will be a real shame that we did not have a picture of the winners to launch you to international stardom in translation world

Plus, a well-chosen picture for your profile gives a good first impression and a visual mark for an outsourcer to notice and remember you by. Even if you do not want to upload a photograph of yourself, you may consider using an original or “catchy” image to help give your profile that complete, well-rounded look. Besides, if you are a member and have a picture uploaded to your profile, you will be elegible to appear as the “Featured Student” on the home page.

You can upload a picture for your profile by going to http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&eid_s=&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=uploads . Also you may contact me if you need a hand to upload the pic.

Warm regards to all,

Sole
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Last day to submit your entries ! Dec 13, 2007

Hi fellow StudentZ !

Wow, the stories submitted are amazing ! Some of you have great writing and story telling skills ! The competiton is going to be tough and merciless

You still hzve until tomorrow, December 14th, 15:00 GMT to submit your story if you haven't done so yet !

Good luck and CheerZ,

Anne

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
One hour twenty minutes and counting... Dec 14, 2007

You still have time to submit an entry for the Second StudentZ Writing contest!
http://www.proz.com/topic/89534

And if you couldn't make it for this one, you also have the recently launched "Letter to Santa" contest that sounds like a lot of fun too! http://www.proz.com/topic/91907

I
... See more
You still have time to submit an entry for the Second StudentZ Writing contest!
http://www.proz.com/topic/89534

And if you couldn't make it for this one, you also have the recently launched "Letter to Santa" contest that sounds like a lot of fun too! http://www.proz.com/topic/91907

I'll be back at 15 GMT to give details for the voting phase.

See you around,

Sole
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Voting phase of the Second Student Contest has started! Dec 14, 2007

Dear all,

Voting time for the Second StudentZ Writing Contest has started!

This time we have a special platform specially made for the contest voting http://www.proz.com/?sp=event/casual_contest&sp_mode=contest&contest_id=1

There you will find all the entries and be able to give 10 positive points to your favourite story(ies)
... See more
Dear all,

Voting time for the Second StudentZ Writing Contest has started!

This time we have a special platform specially made for the contest voting http://www.proz.com/?sp=event/casual_contest&sp_mode=contest&contest_id=1

There you will find all the entries and be able to give 10 positive points to your favourite story(ies). That is, for example I can give story “A” 3 points, story “B” 4 points and story “C” 3 points. That, or any combination you may want that adds up to a total of 10 points. If you want to award the whole 10 points to a single story that would be fine too.

To actually give the points to a story you have to click on the “Vote this entry” link (at the left of the entry under the writer's name). A small pull down menu will appear with numbers from 1 to 10 for you to click and give the points to the entry. Click on the button “vote” to save your voting.
Choose your votes carefully as you will have only one chance to do it. Also remember to be logged in, otherwise you will not access the page!

And, all students that vote in the contest will receive 50 browniz points!!!

You have time till December 27th to vote, time when we will announce the winners.

You may contact me or Anne if you have any doubts or need any assistance.

So...let's get it started and good luck to all participants!!

Sole
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Having probelms in the voting platform at the moment Dec 14, 2007

Hi all

At the moment we are having some problems with the voting platform.

I will let you know when we fix it.

Sorry!

Soledad

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem solved Dec 14, 2007

Now you can vote for your favourite stories!
Difficult choice with all those excellent pieces!

Sorry for the inconveniences,

Soledad.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thread for comments on the Second Students Writing Contest

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »