Student users-only topic

translation resources
Thread poster: hamdi toufik
hamdi toufik
hamdi toufik
Local time: 05:15
English
Oct 1, 2007

Hello, I am a student in University_ Department of translation in Algeria. I look for new friends that interest in translation. Then I look for some books like :

4. Sofer, M. 1999 The Translator’s Handbook, Rockville, Maryland: Schreiber.
5. Baker, Mona (1992): In Other Words: A Coursebook on Translation, London and New York, Routledge.
6. Newmark, Peter (1988): A Textbook of Translation, New York, London, Prentice Hall.
7. CHESTERMAN, Andrew. 1997. Memes of T
... See more
Hello, I am a student in University_ Department of translation in Algeria. I look for new friends that interest in translation. Then I look for some books like :

4. Sofer, M. 1999 The Translator’s Handbook, Rockville, Maryland: Schreiber.
5. Baker, Mona (1992): In Other Words: A Coursebook on Translation, London and New York, Routledge.
6. Newmark, Peter (1988): A Textbook of Translation, New York, London, Prentice Hall.
7. CHESTERMAN, Andrew. 1997. Memes of Translation. Amsterdam/ Philadelphia: John Benjamins Pub. Co.
8. BAKER, M. (ed) 1977. The Routledge Encyclopedia of Translation.

And I have 4 interesting books of translation if you want, I will send them for you. I have:
1. Becker, A L - Beyond translation.
2. Bell, Rogert T - Translation and Translating Theory and practice.
3. Introducing. Translation. Studies--Theories.and.Applications.2001.
4. De Sacy.S. Traduction et commentaires - les Mille et une nuits T1.

FAITHFULLY.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome hamdi! Oct 5, 2007

Hello hamdi,

Welcome to our StudentZ forum! I'm sure you'll find many friends here that share your interest for translation. I suggest that you start at the thread Introductions in this forum, so that we learn more about you

As for the books, maybe you could
... See more
Hello hamdi,

Welcome to our StudentZ forum! I'm sure you'll find many friends here that share your interest for translation. I suggest that you start at the thread Introductions in this forum, so that we learn more about you

As for the books, maybe you could use the Exchange area. http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange. The ProZ.com Translators Exchange is a system that users and members can use to offer and request books, language training, CAT tool training, travel advice and more. To post an offer or request, just create a post, and interested parties can respond to you.

Glad to have you here!

See you around,

Sole.
Collapse

wangfei
wangfei
Local time: 06:15
English
+ ...
hi Oct 5, 2007

hi hamdi
iam manar
i learn chinese language

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:15
German to French
+ ...
Hey guys ! Oct 5, 2007

Hi Hamdi and Wangfei - glad to have you here !

CheerZ,
Anne

linguar
linguar
English to Polish
+ ...
English - German - Polish Translations Network Oct 14, 2007

Dear You,

Nice to have the opportunity to have my say and share experience with You All. As for me, having network of friends who are specialized in certain areas is crucial.

I am Polish, 24, and I have been studying Applied Linguistics and English Studies at Technical University of Dresden.

I am specialized in Technical Mechanics and Lightweight structures Translations, all in all, I translate all sorts of texts in pairs 'PolishGermanEnglish'

... See more
Dear You,

Nice to have the opportunity to have my say and share experience with You All. As for me, having network of friends who are specialized in certain areas is crucial.

I am Polish, 24, and I have been studying Applied Linguistics and English Studies at Technical University of Dresden.

I am specialized in Technical Mechanics and Lightweight structures Translations, all in all, I translate all sorts of texts in pairs 'PolishGermanEnglish'

Literature recommended:

1.S.Kessel/D.Fröhling.: Technical Mechanics, Fachbegriffe im deutschen und englischen Kontext,B.G. Teubner.Leipzig 1998
2.Milinska, Übersetzungskurs PL-DE und DE-PL, Oldenbourg Verlag München 1998
Collapse

This post is awaiting vetting. It was edited by the poster after being approved.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation resources

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »