Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:32
German to French
+ ...
Sep 27, 2007

Hey guys !

Now, we probably are all working and /or back on the campus, so let's have a bit of fun !

As students, we often party - within or outside the university, on the campus, integration parties at the beginning of the year, graduation parties, etc.

In each country and each studies system, things are different - student organizations also !

So, what are students parties in your university ? What's your worst / best parties experience so f
... See more
Hey guys !

Now, we probably are all working and /or back on the campus, so let's have a bit of fun !

As students, we often party - within or outside the university, on the campus, integration parties at the beginning of the year, graduation parties, etc.

In each country and each studies system, things are different - student organizations also !

So, what are students parties in your university ? What's your worst / best parties experience so far ?
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hey people don't you party?! Sep 30, 2007

C'mon! What's going on?
I am already an old lady and I can't believe that it's me and my friend Anne here the only party girls around!

Well... I love going out to parties -some of you have even seen the pics of those crazy nights-, and well parties being parties we have always funny anecdotes...here I will share the story of a failure party from my years at university.

I was already a senior and I he
... See more
C'mon! What's going on?
I am already an old lady and I can't believe that it's me and my friend Anne here the only party girls around!

Well... I love going out to parties -some of you have even seen the pics of those crazy nights-, and well parties being parties we have always funny anecdotes...here I will share the story of a failure party from my years at university.

I was already a senior and I heard of a party organized by a students group from school. The party was at the old old fencing room of the school, and that should have been enough to warn us. I wanted to support this new group, so I insisted in going. We walked to the place, the four of us, and of course were caught by a terrible thunderstorm. When we arrived, we had to talk our soaked beings in, since we had not brought the students cards, and when we finally entered... it was desperating... a bunch of young shy kids against the walls, a huge intimidating empty space in the middle, no seemingly intention to party, an old man in a suit that looked like a dean (but was not of course)wandering around, and a lousy music that as soon as we arrived stopped!!! So we were in there in silence, with the thunderstorm outside feakingly lightening the huge room, and I felt I was in a Carrie sequel. That's when we finally faced the sad fact that we have wasted the night, and decided to leave.... but we could not! The police had arrived, they were outside I never knew why and we could not leave the place. So the lights were turned on, and we had to sit there in silence for ages doing nothing in our complete sobriety. I even shared a smoke with this dean-like man I remember. After we were "released", we started our walk back home, with our heads down like soldiers that had just lost a battle and, of course... it started raining cats and dogs AGAIN!

Well, that's was a night to forget, but to compensate, here's a picture of my pal Sebastián, a future translator, and me finishing his birthday party last Saturday at almost 9 am.

That was a tremendous party!

Well, people I want to hear you stories!

See ya,

S.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Student parties

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »