New student profiles
Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2007

We are going to change student profiles very soon. We want to make student tailored profiles, so that you can show all those things that you are engaged in now as students.

Which new fields would you like to have in your profiles?

And...I am delighted by the warm response that I have received from all those that want to be part of the project. Thank you!

See you around,

Sole.

Elena Favero
Elena Favero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:23
English to Italian
+ ...
new availability chart Jul 19, 2007

Hi!

I think it would be very useful to insert another availability board for students, where it is possible to declare how many words you can translate today, how many tomorrow and also if you are available to answer emails and so on. I think it would be useful because students cannot be in front of PC when have to follow lessons!

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Good features ! Sep 27, 2007

Hi there !

These new student profiles are great - IMO, the balance is kept between students useful features and pro features, that's good for us ! (I'm really looking forward to the new search directory !)
I have one question though (sorry Sole that's the last one, I promise) : is it p
... See more
Hi there !

These new student profiles are great - IMO, the balance is kept between students useful features and pro features, that's good for us ! (I'm really looking forward to the new search directory !)
I have one question though (sorry Sole that's the last one, I promise) : is it possible for the the WWA to be kept on the new students profiles ?

CheerZ,

Anne
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New fields in your student profiles Sep 27, 2007

Well, yes I think that this new fields will give students the chance to add some interesting fields and reach that balance you are talking about Anne.

To complete this info you have to click on the small pencils that appear next to the new fields University, Year of study, Type of study, Areas of interest and Student organization you belong to.

When you complete the field University, you'll find the schools listed by country, and though we are continually updatin
... See more
Well, yes I think that this new fields will give students the chance to add some interesting fields and reach that balance you are talking about Anne.

To complete this info you have to click on the small pencils that appear next to the new fields University, Year of study, Type of study, Areas of interest and Student organization you belong to.

When you complete the field University, you'll find the schools listed by country, and though we are continually updating the site's T&I school list, if your school is not listed yet feel free to contact me and let me know.

Having this new fields completed in your profile will let you appear in a new student search tool we are launching very very soon. With this tool you'll be able to find and contact fellow students from our international community, searching by country and university.

And remember that your profiles are the way you are presenting yourself the world out there, so you want it to look as good as possible

I'll surely keep you posted with issue and happy profile completion!

Kind regards to all,

Soledad.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The student search is ready Oct 2, 2007

Anne Diamantidis wrote:

I'm really looking forward to the new search directory !

It is up and running young lady!

Here's the link: http://www.proz.com/topic/85450

CheerZ!

S.

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Great newZ ! Oct 2, 2007

Heeeey, that's great ! Thanks Sole, you rock !

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Done! Oct 6, 2007

Great, my profile is updated and now it feels more "mine"...
It was great to find my university in the list! Great job, Sole!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New student profiles

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »