Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]
Introductions
Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Gogyoo
Gogyoo
Local time: 19:55
English to French
Hi Everyone! May 18, 2009

I'm Jerome, I'm a 29-year-old Frenchman. I live and Work in Frankfurt, Germany since two years, and I started my career in hotels, but lately I thought my real potential could be in translation, since foreign languages always came naturally to me.

Hopefully I will start in October a Bachelor in English Studies (distance learning with one of the Paris universities) to get the adequate background, followed by a DipTrans in English>French, perhaps later German>French.

Lang
... See more
I'm Jerome, I'm a 29-year-old Frenchman. I live and Work in Frankfurt, Germany since two years, and I started my career in hotels, but lately I thought my real potential could be in translation, since foreign languages always came naturally to me.

Hopefully I will start in October a Bachelor in English Studies (distance learning with one of the Paris universities) to get the adequate background, followed by a DipTrans in English>French, perhaps later German>French.

Languages aside, I like art history, baseball, SF and photography. Like most of you guys I would love to spend my life translating literature, I'd also be interested to translate IT, technical, scientific or marketing texts.

It's great to be among y'all! But is there a single job available to students? Does not look like it in my language pair...
Collapse

Susana González Tuya
Susana González Tuya
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Aug 21, 2009

My name is Susana I am 29 years old and this year I start an MA in translation in the UK.
As Jerome, I have being working in the hospitality industry but not really enjoying it so much and this year I decided that it was about time I start doing what I always wanted. So I enrolled on this course and hope this career change will bring me more satisfactions than the previuous one

Manuel Locria
Manuel Locria  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello Everyone Sep 14, 2009

My name is Manuel, I am a 19 years old student from Argentina, mainly browsing through Proz trying to know what this is all about... I haven't figured out yet if I really want to be a translator or not, so I’ve decided to follow a friendly advice and peek a little bit in here to get an idea of this profession.....

See you around I guess…

GoodBye

[Edited at 2009-09-14 02:07 GMT]

KKastenhuber
KKastenhuber  Identity Verified
Austria
Russian to German
+ ...
a new student Sep 16, 2009

Hello fellow translators and students!
My name is Karolina and I study translation of Spanish and Russian in Austria, my mother tongue being German. I've been lurking around on proz.com for a while now after a teacher told me about it, but only decided to get a student membership today. So far I find it very interesting to see what "real life" job offers look like and I'm really sorry I cannot respond to them (yet), because there sure is lots of interesting stuff out there! Also, the KudoZ
... See more
Hello fellow translators and students!
My name is Karolina and I study translation of Spanish and Russian in Austria, my mother tongue being German. I've been lurking around on proz.com for a while now after a teacher told me about it, but only decided to get a student membership today. So far I find it very interesting to see what "real life" job offers look like and I'm really sorry I cannot respond to them (yet), because there sure is lots of interesting stuff out there! Also, the KudoZ section seems to be quite nice, I hope I'll have lots of my questions answered there in future and will be able to answer some myself.
See you around,
Karolina
Collapse

Sylvia L
Sylvia L  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Hello, everyone ! Sep 18, 2009

My name is Sylvia, I’m a Frenchwoman studying translation with the college Saint-Boniface via their distance training.
I have a degree in Russan.
I’m happy to join you, translation is my passion : it’s been a long time that I browse the site, learning a lot of useful tips.

See you soon !

Sylvia

Antoni Saetta (X)
Antoni Saetta (X)
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Introduction Feb 7, 2010

Hello everyone !

I'm Antoni, I'm almost 23 and I'm a 4th-year student (Master 1) in translation from English and Spanish to French with the "Ecole d'Interprètes Internationaux" in Mons, Belgium. On top of that, I've been translating on a voluntary basis for a football simulation website since april 2009.

Translation is almost a passion, I've been interested in languages for years. I joined this website to possibly get translation jobs when I'm available to do it (who k
... See more
Hello everyone !

I'm Antoni, I'm almost 23 and I'm a 4th-year student (Master 1) in translation from English and Spanish to French with the "Ecole d'Interprètes Internationaux" in Mons, Belgium. On top of that, I've been translating on a voluntary basis for a football simulation website since april 2009.

Translation is almost a passion, I've been interested in languages for years. I joined this website to possibly get translation jobs when I'm available to do it (who knows).

See you around!
Collapse

d60ajx
d60ajx  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:55
German to English
Introduction Mar 11, 2010

Hi!
My name is Hannah and I'm about to graduate from uni this summer. I'm from the UK and currently study German and Spanish. I'm looking to go into a career in translation and so I'd appreciate and help and advise that people can offer.

xxx

PamelaC (X)
PamelaC (X)
Sweden
Introduction Sep 4, 2010

Hi!
I am Pamela, a 21-year-old Translation student from Italy. I study French and English in Milan and I have studied Spanish and German too, but my favourite language remains French.
I am happy to join your community and to have the opportunity of gaving and receiving useful tips from the other members.

See you around!

Pamela

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introductions

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »