Thread poster: Soledad Azcona
Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:00
German to French
+ ...
Welcome Inuzo in the StudentZ Community ! Oct 19, 2007

Welcome Inuzo here in our growing community !

We're all looking forward to "meet" you on the forum !
CheerZ,
Anne

Ilary (X)
Ilary (X)

New student! :) Oct 20, 2007

Hi everyone, I'm Ilaria and I'm a 21-year old Translation & Liaison Interpreting (Scienze della mediazione linguistica) 3rd-year student in university. I'm from Italy.The languages I'm studying are English, French and German. I've always liked translating, but I discovered that it's something I'm really interested in right after finishing high school. I want to become both a conference interpreter and a technical translator.

I think that this part of the ProZ forum is a great way t
... See more
Hi everyone, I'm Ilaria and I'm a 21-year old Translation & Liaison Interpreting (Scienze della mediazione linguistica) 3rd-year student in university. I'm from Italy.The languages I'm studying are English, French and German. I've always liked translating, but I discovered that it's something I'm really interested in right after finishing high school. I want to become both a conference interpreter and a technical translator.

I think that this part of the ProZ forum is a great way to communicate, to get in touch with other students interested in translation like me.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome aboard! Oct 20, 2007

Welcome to our forum Ilaria!

Good to know you were bitten by the interpreting bug!

I saw that you have completed your student fields in your profile, all but your university field. Is your school in the list? If not, please let me know and I will add it right away so that you and your classmates can have a complete profile.

It's so nice to see so many new faces around!

CheerZ!
... See more

I saw that you have completed your student fields in your profile, all but your university field. Is your school in the list? If not, please let me know and I will add it right away so that you and your classmates can have a complete profile.

CheerZ!

S.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Hi Ilary and welcome to Kyster Oct 20, 2007

Hi Ilary ! Thank you for your introduction ! It's really nice meeting you !

I would like to welcome Kyster in our StudentZ community ! I hope you'll enjoy it here with us and look forward to read you !

Take care guys !

CheerZ,
Anne

Kyster (X)
Kyster (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:00
Danish to English
+ ...
Hello from a Dane in NYC Oct 20, 2007

Hi all,

My name is Catrine and I am a Danish native. I live in New York City and work full-time in the translation industry in a non-translation capacity. I have recently taken up studying Danish/English translation and hope to improve my skills in this area. My background is in journalism/communications but I find that there is a lot to learn in order to be able to translate professionally.

Looking forward to participating here at Proz,

Catrine Kyster
... See more
Hi all,

My name is Catrine and I am a Danish native. I live in New York City and work full-time in the translation industry in a non-translation capacity. I have recently taken up studying Danish/English translation and hope to improve my skills in this area. My background is in journalism/communications but I find that there is a lot to learn in order to be able to translate professionally.

Looking forward to participating here at Proz,

Catrine Kyster

[Edited at 2007-10-20 19:58]

[Edited at 2007-10-20 20:04]
Collapse

Ilary (X)
Ilary (X)

Thanks for welcoming me! :) Oct 21, 2007

SoleProz wrote:

No, it's not in the list.
My school is: Università degli Studi Gabriele D'Annunzio (Chieti-Pescara, Italy). The course name is: Mediazione linguistica e comunicazione interculturale.

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Oct 22, 2007

Thanks Ilary!

I have added your school to the list. Now you can go to further complete your profile!

Once again, remember that having a complete profile is very important, so if your school is not in the list yet contact me and we will add it. Also remember to use the profile updater at your profiles to check on the fields you have not completed yet, and to visit this t
... See more
Thanks Ilary!

I have added your school to the list. Now you can go to further complete your profile!

Once again, remember that having a complete profile is very important, so if your school is not in the list yet contact me and we will add it. Also remember to use the profile updater at your profiles to check on the fields you have not completed yet, and to visit this thread http://www.proz.com/topic/85151 at our forum to get some other tips.
If you need help or advice in how to have a better and nicer profile contact me or Anne, who I'm sure will give you a hand at improving your "windows to the world" as I like to call them.

And if you are asking yourselves: will this girl ever get tired of raising the issue of profile completion? The answer is NO , because having a compete profile is the cornerstone of your success at ProZ.com and I really want all of you to make the most out of the possibilities that the site is giving you.

Well, no more telling off

Better go for the nice things: I am, as usual, more that happy with all the new faces that are joining or growing student community. I love to see how more and more students are willing to participate, network connect and share. I am so happy that I propose a virtual international toast with whatever you have at hand -mate for me at this time of the day- for our student community and for the great things that are to come!

CheerZ!

Sole.

PS: Mind you, "mate" is a popular drink here in Argentina and other countries in South America. It's not that I'm gonna be raising for the toast any of my workmates here! Would need to work out before!
Collapse

Francisca_
Francisca_

Dutch to English
+ ...
New student member Oct 24, 2007

Hello everyone,

My name's Francisca, or Franca for short, and I'm a new member just like you guys. Grew up speaking Dutch and English, and am also a fluent speaker up German because I lived right next to Germany up until recently.
I've had a pretty hectic year so far: first I moved from the Netherlands to Belgium, but before I could get settled there I moved again, to the United States this time. I worked there as a (German/Dutch/French/Norwegian/English) translator for three
... See more
Hello everyone,

My name's Francisca, or Franca for short, and I'm a new member just like you guys. Grew up speaking Dutch and English, and am also a fluent speaker up German because I lived right next to Germany up until recently.
I've had a pretty hectic year so far: first I moved from the Netherlands to Belgium, but before I could get settled there I moved again, to the United States this time. I worked there as a (German/Dutch/French/Norwegian/English) translator for three months, before I came back to good old Europe. So for the summer I lived in Wallonia, the French (and somewhat German) speaking part of Belgium, before moving to Antwerp to start my studies. I'm now in my first year studying "applied language", which basically is a fancy name for translation. My language combination is English/Arabic, and I'm hoping to pick up Hungarian or some other cool language during the second year of this course.
I have a great love for languages and translation, and have studied many languages on my own since I was thirteen. Started out with learning Italian and it's been snowballing ever since. I especially love the Germanic and Semitic languages, and to combine these two loves I would like to start learning Yiddish soon, but for now I'm busy with my studies and a self-study of Persian.
Other interests are music: I love classical music, but am also quite a big fan of the harder stuff (death metal) and some rap. I've played classical guitar for 6 years, bass for 5, electric for 3, violin for 2 and piano for 1 (so obviously I suck at everything that's not guitar, hehe). As for sports, the only one I really engage in is cycling, and that's mainly for getting around town... but I do like it!
Aside from that I have random interests, I like learning about strictly random things that I will never have to use in any situation, such as: pharmacy, chemistry, quantum mechanics and random computer stuff (I'm a huge nerd). I love books, but hardly ever finish any fiction... I do go through many, many educative books though.
My aim is to work as a freelance translator, but it's quite hard to find any jobs when you don't have much experience. I hope ProZ will help in that aspect, and I also love hearing from other (budding) translators.
Collapse

Aldana Gómez Ríos
Aldana Gómez Ríos  Identity Verified
Belgium
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wow Francisca! Oct 24, 2007

Francisca_ wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've had a pretty hectic year so far: first I moved from the Netherlands to Belgium, but before I could get settled there I moved again, to the United States this time. I worked there as a (German/Dutch/French/Norwegian/English) translator for three months, before I came back to good old Europe. So for the summer I lived in Wallonia, the French (and somewhat German) speaking part of Belgium, before moving to Antwerp to start my studies. I'm now in my first year studying "applied language", which basically is a fancy name for translation. My language combination is English/Arabic, and I'm hoping to pick up Hungarian or some other cool language during the second year of this course.
I have a great love for languages and translation, and have studied many languages on my own since I was thirteen. Started out with learning Italian and it's been snowballing ever since. I especially love the Germanic and Semitic languages, and to combine these two loves I would like to start learning Yiddish soon, but for now I'm busy with my studies and a self-study of Persian.
Other interests are music: I love classical music, but am also quite a big fan of the harder stuff (death metal) and some rap. I've played classical guitar for 6 years, bass for 5, electric for 3, violin for 2 and piano for 1 (so obviously I suck at everything that's not guitar, hehe). As for sports, the only one I really engage in is cycling, and that's mainly for getting around town... but I do like it!
Aside from that I have random interests, I like learning about strictly random things that I will never have to use in any situation, such as: pharmacy, chemistry, quantum mechanics and random computer stuff (I'm a huge nerd). I love books, but hardly ever finish any fiction... I do go through many, many educative books though.
My aim is to work as a freelance translator, but it's quite hard to find any jobs when you don't have much experience. I hope ProZ will help in that aspect, and I also love hearing from other (budding) translators.

Very impressive!!
welcome!

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Welcome guyZ! Oct 24, 2007

Welcome Francisca! Very impressive indeed girl!

I also want to welcome asmith and Jennie Crabot to our Student Community!

And I want to take the chance to say that, even though we have been working very hard to have a very complete list of universities in the site, the list is not exhaustive. So, we are adding everyday more T&I schools with the help of students from our community. We have juts added "Vertaalacademie, Hogeschool Zuyd te Maastricht" as requested by Sylvy,
... See more
Welcome Francisca! Very impressive indeed girl!

I also want to welcome asmith and Jennie Crabot to our Student Community!

And I want to take the chance to say that, even though we have been working very hard to have a very complete list of universities in the site, the list is not exhaustive. So, we are adding everyday more T&I schools with the help of students from our community. We have juts added "Vertaalacademie, Hogeschool Zuyd te Maastricht" as requested by Sylvy, so now she and her classmates can complete their profiles. Please, contact me if your school is not in the site already.

Well, what else can I say, but...what a group we have here people!

Greeting from the sunniest La Plata ever -for the green envy of those of you up there!

S.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Welcome ! :D Oct 25, 2007

Welcome Francisca and thanks for your introduction ! Nice meeting you !

I'd also like to welcome Carlos and Romanera in our Student Community ! we're looking forward to read you, guys !

Take care everybody !
CheerZ,

Anne

[Modifié le 2007-10-28 10:43]

Ozge Olcay
Ozge Olcay
Local time: 19:00
English to Turkish
+ ...
School not on the list Oct 30, 2007

SoleProz wrote:

CheerZ!

S.

Hi Sole,

My university's not on the list. It's called Bogazici University, so please add that, too. Thanks bunches!

Ozge

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Oct 30, 2007

Hi Ozge!

Your school has been added. Thanks for letting me know!

See your around!

S.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Please welcome.... Nov 9, 2007

...Karol, Cobayo, Bufonidae and Jeremy in our StudentZ Community !

Now guys, we're delighted to have you here with us and are looking forwar do get to know you better and read you on the forums - so don't hesitate to participate, ask, etc... it's your and our space

CheerZ,
Anne

Karol Kacprzak
Karol Kacprzak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Hi there :) Nov 9, 2007

Hi everyone.

My name is Karol Kacprzak and I've just joined the StudentZ community:)

I'm from Kalisz, Poland. I'm 22 and I recently got my BA in English Philology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. Now I'm studying at the same university for the Masters degree. Unlike most of the students I love grammar and wrote my BA on it (The history of inflection in Generative Grammar). From the very beginning I've enjoyed writing and detested speaking, and now, in the same
... See more
Hi everyone.

My name is Karol Kacprzak and I've just joined the StudentZ community:)

I'm from Kalisz, Poland. I'm 22 and I recently got my BA in English Philology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. Now I'm studying at the same university for the Masters degree. Unlike most of the students I love grammar and wrote my BA on it (The history of inflection in Generative Grammar). From the very beginning I've enjoyed writing and detested speaking, and now, in the same manner, I enjoy translating and detest interpreting. I'm also a great fan of all kinds of wordplays and crosswords.

I've also an inexplicable love for Finnish language and I have always wanted to study it but, unfortunately, it is not easily accessible in Poland. It is really hard to find any good courses. But I've already equipped myself with the "Teach yourself Finnish" book, tons of websites, and a great dose of optimism so I'm hoping for lots of fun now (15 cases for a grammar enthusiast, yay;) )

I'm really happy to be here with you guys.

Cheers,
Karol

[Edited at 2007-11-09 23:09]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introductions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »