Can I translate yet?
Thread poster: Kim Gutt
Kim Gutt
Kim Gutt
Canada
Local time: 13:42
Spanish to English
Oct 28, 2009

I have been thinking about doing translation as a side job while attending University full time. I am already tutoring, I have been taking Spanish for 9 years and just got back from 5 months in Spain. Is there any sort of translation that is aimed at Uni students like myself, I imagine paying a much lower wage than professionals? It'd be a great way to get my foot in the door...
Any comments are welcome and appreciated! Thanks!

Amaia Alejo
Amaia Alejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some options Jul 29, 2010

Hi! I've just seen that no one has answered you so I would recommend you to ask some professors at the university so they can give you information about jobs or agencies round your area.
You can look if there are any training jobs at your university where you can work for a minimum salary and gain some experience. There's usually a database for student jobs.
Another option is to ask for a job in the translation agencies close to your place.

Good luck!

Ama
... See more
Hi! I've just seen that no one has answered you so I would recommend you to ask some professors at the university so they can give you information about jobs or agencies round your area.
You can look if there are any training jobs at your university where you can work for a minimum salary and gain some experience. There's usually a database for student jobs.
Another option is to ask for a job in the translation agencies close to your place.

Good luck!

Amaia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I translate yet?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »