https://www.proz.com/forum/studentz_forum/145511-9th_prozcom_translation_contest_business_submission_closes_this_saturday_at_2200_gmt.html&phpv_redirected=1

Student users-only topic

9th Proz.com Translation Contest: Business. Submission closes this Saturday at 22:00 GMT
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Sep 16, 2009

Dear StudentZ,

As previously announced, the submission phase of the 9th ProZ.com Translation Contest closes on Saturday, September 19 at 22:00 GMT (except for language pairs with Italian as source language – more information here ).

This means you have a few days to submit your entries or, if you have already entered, check your translations
... See more
Dear StudentZ,

As previously announced, the submission phase of the 9th ProZ.com Translation Contest closes on Saturday, September 19 at 22:00 GMT (except for language pairs with Italian as source language – more information here ).

This means you have a few days to submit your entries or, if you have already entered, check your translations and make the final edits.

Here is what will happen when submission closes:

* Language pairs with more than 7 entries will move to qualification phase.

* Language pairs with 3-7 entries will go directly into final voting phase.

* For some language pairs with 1 or 2 entries, the submission phase may be extended. As soon as a third entry is received, submission will close and the pair will go into final voting phase.

You can find more information about the contest structure here.

I take the chance to invite members that work in language pairs that have received 1 or 2 entries to submit your versions and help these pairs move into final voting rounds.

Remember that the winner of this contest will be awarded an all-expense-paid trip to a ProZ.com conference in the venue of his/her choice and that winners in each language pair will receive a digital certificate in their profile and recognition within the community.

View the texts and submit your entries here.

Thanks for your participation.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sylvia L
Sylvia L  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:37
English to French
+ ...
How to participate ? Sep 18, 2009

Hello, Lucia !

I was wondering if as a brand new member of the StudentZ forum, I could participate to the current contest.

I read the rules and the FAQ but I don’t manage to submit my translation…

Thank you for your help !

Sylvia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Only ProZ.com members can take part in the contest submission phase Sep 18, 2009

Hello Sylvia,

Note that only full professional, corporate (account type "freelancer/company"), partial community and student ProZ.com members can take part in the submission phase for now.

However, non-members can pair up with site members to enter the contest. The option to submit an entry will only be visible to the site member, who will submit the contest entry, identifying his/her contest partner at the time of submission.

Also, non-members can particip
... See more
Hello Sylvia,

Note that only full professional, corporate (account type "freelancer/company"), partial community and student ProZ.com members can take part in the submission phase for now.

However, non-members can pair up with site members to enter the contest. The option to submit an entry will only be visible to the site member, who will submit the contest entry, identifying his/her contest partner at the time of submission.

Also, non-members can participate in the qualification and final voting rounds. Site users who have been registered on the site for at least one month and work in the same language pair in which they wish to vote will have the option of rating either "Quality of writing", "Accuracy of translation", or both. Those who are native speakers of the target language but do not work in the pair will be able to judge "Quality of writing" only.

Final voting in each pair will be open only to those users who have been registered on the site for at least one month, are native in the target language and work in the same language pair in which they wish to vote.

You will find more information about the contest here.

Hope this explains.

Please let me know if you have any further doubts.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sylvia L
Sylvia L  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:37
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Lucia for you thorough reply ! Sep 18, 2009

I realized that the contest was open only to Proz members after posting my question.
I will consider to pay a subscription when I start working but I regret not to participe now. Well there will be other contests in the future, I hope

I wish you a good day and all the contesters a nice moment !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

9th Proz.com Translation Contest: Business. Submission closes this Saturday at 22:00 GMT

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »