Laura Gómez
Spain
Local time: 03:42
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2008

Hello,
some time ago I had do translate an academic transcript from English into Spanish. Apparently, this document was not valid because it was not "literal enough"

A couple of things:
1- The document said: "Grade 9","Grade 10", "Grade 11", "Grade 12", and then the marks. I translated this into Spanish as "12º curso(equiv. 2º de Bachillerato)", adding the equivalent in Spain. Isn't this correct? This is why I have to do it again.

2- On the other hand they
... See more
Hello,
some time ago I had do translate an academic transcript from English into Spanish. Apparently, this document was not valid because it was not "literal enough"

A couple of things:
1- The document said: "Grade 9","Grade 10", "Grade 11", "Grade 12", and then the marks. I translated this into Spanish as "12º curso(equiv. 2º de Bachillerato)", adding the equivalent in Spain. Isn't this correct? This is why I have to do it again.

2- On the other hand they have added to these document another one which is the Apostille of the Hague. I have never done it before but I have seen it must be just after the text translated.

As I said, this is the first time I am going to do it and I would appreciate any help from you.
Thanks in advance.

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 19:23]

[Editado a las 2008-04-22 20:09]

[Objet modifié par l'équipe ou un modérateur 2008-05-05 12:12]
Collapse

This post is awaiting vetting. It was edited by the poster after being approved.
Filipa Gonçalves
Filipa Gonçalves
Portugal
Local time: 02:42
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
apostille May 15, 2008

hi!

there is some info concerning the "apostille" in the link bellow:

http://transnotes.pbwiki.com/Apostilla

I hope it helps.

best regards,

Filipa

[Editada em 2008-05-15 17:51]

Cecilia Ameri
Cecilia Ameri  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apostille/Grades Jul 3, 2008

Hi !! I know that Apostille (Convention de La haye du 5 octobre 1961) should be kept in French and then you should tranaslate what comes below, country, who signed.etc.

About the Grades you should translate Grade 10 as Grado 10 o Año 10 and explain only if you are asked to...

Espero que te sirva, saludos!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sworn translation /the Apostille of the Hague

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »