Student users-only topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!
Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:29
German to Italian
+ ...
Not really... May 28, 2008

unspeakable wrote:

Hi! To see how many votes you got you first have to login and go to "MyProz.com" (on the top) and then to the option that says "MyBrowniZ"... there will be a charter where you will be able to see that you got 50 points per each vote you received Good luck

Nope, those are the points you receive each time you vote in a student contest (50 points every time you vote).

Verónica Gauna Kroeger
Verónica Gauna Kroeger  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
that's good to know May 28, 2008

S_Angel wrote:
Nope, those are the points you receive each time you vote in a student contest (50 points every time you vote).

Really? That's good to know... Well then I have the same doubt that Bertold had... I wonder if we can possibly know how many votes each entry got.

S_Angel (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
:) May 30, 2008

I would like to thank everybody who voted for my entry, I really did not expect to win!
And of course congrats to all the other students who took part in the contest, I think there were also many other good translations.

Is it possible to know if also other members of the Proz-community (apart from student members, I mean) took part in the voting phase? It would be really interesting to receive some feedback fro
... See more
I would like to thank everybody who voted for my entry, I really did not expect to win!
And of course congrats to all the other students who took part in the contest, I think there were also many other good translations.

Is it possible to know if also other members of the Proz-community (apart from student members, I mean) took part in the voting phase? It would be really interesting to receive some feedback from professional translators too and see what they thought of our level in general. But since this forum is only available to student members, maybe a thread about the contest could be opened in another section, for example the Proz. com Translation Contests forum?
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well done guys! Jun 1, 2008

Dear fellow StudentZ,

Congrats to the winners and to all of you who participated. This first contest was real fun, and you were numerous to answer positively to it - so thank you!

Since it was the First StudentZ Translation Contest on ProZ.com, we'd like to hear your feedback, commentaries, etc. about it, to make the next one even more better! So please feel free to post your comments in that very thread!

Meanwhile, don't forget - the official ProZ.com 7th
... See more
Dear fellow StudentZ,

Congrats to the winners and to all of you who participated. This first contest was real fun, and you were numerous to answer positively to it - so thank you!

Since it was the First StudentZ Translation Contest on ProZ.com, we'd like to hear your feedback, commentaries, etc. about it, to make the next one even more better! So please feel free to post your comments in that very thread!

Meanwhile, don't forget - the official ProZ.com 7th Translation Contest is underway - thme is "Sports"!

Take care!
CheerZ,
Anne
Collapse

Bartek R
Bartek R
English to Polish
Congrats and remarks Jun 1, 2008

So, to the winners: GOOD JOB GUYS!!!
Remarks? Firtsly, the number of votes for each entry. This would show how well we really did it right?
Secondly, first place is really most important, but what about second and third? What does it mean if my entry is second below the winning text?
The contest was really fun and it was important but I'm afraid that apart from the winners nobody knows anything. Can something be done with it?
Cheers

Andrea Schenk
Andrea Schenk
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Question Jun 1, 2008

Hey all,
just a question, I have been checking the results of the StudentZ contest, but I couldn't see the winner of he Hungarian entries....can anyone tell me where to find it or anything useful?

Thanks,
Andrea

László Horváth (X)
László Horváth (X)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Question 2 Jun 2, 2008

Andrea Schenk wrote:

Hey all,
just a question, I have been checking the results of the StudentZ contest, but I couldn't see the winner of he Hungarian entries....can anyone tell me where to find it or anything useful?

Thanks,
Andrea

I asked the same question before, but my comment didn't get approved. I'm still curious about the Hungarian results too.

Thanks in advance!

S_Angel (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
I think so Jun 2, 2008

Bartek R wrote:
Secondly, first place is really most important, but what about second and third? What does it mean if my entry is second below the winning text?

Since they are not in the order they had during the voting phase, I suppose it is a ranking list... but I just took it for granted, I'm really not sure!

Bartek R
Bartek R
English to Polish
@S_Angel Jun 2, 2008

Well I have the same impression, but since we are to suspect that gives rise to my third question, who's in charge of this contest?:) and is anyone here to answer our questions?:)

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you all Jun 2, 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in the contest.

As annnounced, at the contest platform you can see the winners in each pair and if you click on the pair you will see all the entries ranked by the amount of votes each one received. Now you can also see the points.

In the pairs where there is no winner shown at the contest page, it can be one of two things: the pair did not get at least three entries to qualify for competition, or unfortunately, nobody voted
... See more
Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in the contest.

As annnounced, at the contest platform you can see the winners in each pair and if you click on the pair you will see all the entries ranked by the amount of votes each one received. Now you can also see the points.

In the pairs where there is no winner shown at the contest page, it can be one of two things: the pair did not get at least three entries to qualify for competition, or unfortunately, nobody voted in the pair so there was no winner or loser.

So, once again, congratulations to winners and new members (that was the prize) and thanks to all of you that have participated some way or another.

And, as some have said, it would be great to have some discussions about the difficulties you faced in each case when doing the translation. I can only speak about the Spanish translations, and to name just a couple of obvious cases: how did you deal with the waiter question or the names of the characters and places? What were the options you discarded and why? And then, did you find a better solution in another translation? What have you learned from other people's choices?
Collapse

filiolioge
filiolioge
Lithuania
Local time: 09:29
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
I won! Jun 5, 2008

I just saw that I won in my language pair! Thats so nice and pleasent;))

S_Angel (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
About the prizes... Jun 6, 2008

Prizes

The winner will be awarded one year of student membership and 1000 BrowniZ points

Hi everybody,
I was just wondering how this works, since my BrowniZ points are still the same and my membership still seems to expire on the usual day.
Is there something very obvious that I am missing?
Thanks for any clarification!

Renée B.
Renée B.
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Could we have another contest, please? Nov 1, 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Congratulations to everyone who won the last contest!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have another contest? I think it would be really fun to participate in something like that. In addition, I did the last contest entry just for fun and I was wondering if people could take a look at it and tell me if it would be good enough to submit? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Renée

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Writin contest underway Nov 1, 2008

Hello Renée

Thanks for your post.
We had planned to organise a new Students Translation Contest, but due to technical reasons we can't launch it yet.
I really hope we'll be able to do it before Christmas. We'll let you know!

Meanwhile, there's a
... See more
Hello Renée

Thanks for your post.
We had planned to organise a new Students Translation Contest, but due to technical reasons we can't launch it yet.
I really hope we'll be able to do it before Christmas. We'll let you know!

Meanwhile, there's a short story writing contest underway: http://www.proz.com/topic/118498 - and of course the Annual ProZ.com Translation Contest.

Have fun!

CheerZ,
Anne
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »