https://www.proz.com/forum/studentz_forum/102392-launching_the_first_studentz_translation_contest-page4.html&phpv_redirected=1

Student users-only topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!
Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:04
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Next time :-) May 7, 2008

Hallo Marcos,

Pech gehabt....don't worry, you can vote at this contest, support your favorite translation(s) - and you'll get your chance by the next translation contest!

CheerZ,
Anne

Iulia Dromereschi
Iulia Dromereschi  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:04
Member (2007)
French to Romanian
+ ...
submission trouble May 15, 2008

Hello.

I would like to participate in the Translation Contest, Sports theme, Romanian to English and possibly French to English or viceversa; the only problem is that there's no way I can figure out how/where to submit my translation. I've read the rules, but I still don't know how it works.

Could you help me, please? Thank you.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
which contest? May 15, 2008

Hi Iulia,

Do you mean the StudentZ Contest or the ProZ.com Translation Contest?

[Modifié le 2008-05-15 21:25]

Iulia Dromereschi
Iulia Dromereschi  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:04
Member (2007)
French to Romanian
+ ...
both contests! May 17, 2008

Hello Anne

At first, I was talking only about the ProZ Translation Contest (Sports); but then I checked whether I can enter the StudentZ Contest, and it doesn't work either. What I mean is that there's no button to press or menu to access in order to enter my submission - all I can see is the other contestants' entries.

Dagmara Kuliś (X)
Dagmara Kuliś (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:04
English to Polish
+ ...
Points disappeared May 17, 2008

I did vote on 7 May - I gave my points to the best texts. And now it seems that it is gone - I can still vote! I mean - under each text there are still three buttons with points... It is a bit annoying as I do not really remember for whom I voted more than a week ago and I do not feel like analysing all entries again, eh...
All in all, it seems that there was some kind of an error in the voting system.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's weird... May 17, 2008

Iulia Dromereschi wrote:

Hello Anne

At first, I was talking only about the ProZ Translation Contest (Sports); but then I checked whether I can enter the StudentZ Contest, and it doesn't work either. What I mean is that there's no button to press or menu to access in order to enter my submission - all I can see is the other contestants' entries.

Hello Iulia

This is weird, it should work - in order to submit your entry, you have to select first the source language to get to the source text and then you'll see the list of entries. The pairs you enteredin your profile should match the pairs you select for the contest, then you'll be able to make an entry.
If this is not the case, then I suggest you submit a report ticket this is the whole site's contest and I'm not in charge of it at all, so I won't be able to help further, unfortunately

Let me know how things go !

CheerZ,
Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hum May 17, 2008

Dagmara K wrote:

I did vote on 7 May - I gave my points to the best texts. And now it seems that it is gone - I can still vote! I mean - under each text there are still three buttons with points... It is a bit annoying as I do not really remember for whom I voted more than a week ago and I do not feel like analysing all entries again, eh...
All in all, it seems that there was some kind of an error in the voting system.

Hi Dagmara,

Thanks for reporting this - we'll look at it and let you know as soon as possible.
Take care!
CheerZ,
Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contest over May 21, 2008

Dear fellow StudentZ,

The voting phase of our First StudentZ Translation Contest is now over and the results are being calculated.
We'll announce them in the coming days, as soon as we've got our winners!

Meanwhile I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your enthusiastic participation and motivation, and thank all the contestants as well as the voters - this contest wouldn't be the way it is without you guys, so...well done!

Take care,
... See more
Dear fellow StudentZ,

The voting phase of our First StudentZ Translation Contest is now over and the results are being calculated.
We'll announce them in the coming days, as soon as we've got our winners!

Meanwhile I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your enthusiastic participation and motivation, and thank all the contestants as well as the voters - this contest wouldn't be the way it is without you guys, so...well done!

Take care,
CheerZ,
Anne
Collapse

Dagmara Kuliś (X)
Dagmara Kuliś (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Polish
+ ...
Reulsts May 23, 2008

Am I the only one so curious to know the results? I have visited the contest page at least 100 times since the end of the voting phase. So please, have some mercy and publish the results.

Verónica Gauna Kroeger
Verónica Gauna Kroeger  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
results and comments May 24, 2008

I am a bit anxious too! I want to know which turns out to be the most voted version by all of us, specially as regards those secific words that I found most challenging. By the way, we can discuss the election of words immediately after the results are published, is that right? And is everybody able to comment on those particular elections? It would be great to discuss the translation of the text with professional translators!
Thanks!

Csaba Szenes
Csaba Szenes
United Kingdom
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Waiting:( May 24, 2008

I also can't understand why we have to wait so long for the results of the voting phase...
I didn't think that it would take such a long time. Maybe there are some technical difficulties, or...

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
coming! May 24, 2008

Hi guys!

I understand your impatience and your concern, but don't worry, results will be coming...promise!
(we keep the suspense on)

Have a great weekend and take care!

CheerZ,
Anne

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
And the winner is... May 26, 2008

You can see the winners of the First Translation Contest in each pairs at the contest page !

Congratulations to you all and thanks to all voters!!!

Now... get ready for the next one

bertoldwoess
bertoldwoess  Identity Verified
Austria
English to German
No. of votes May 27, 2008

Hi,

is there a way to tell the number of votes my entry has got?

Cheers,
Bertold

Verónica Gauna Kroeger
Verónica Gauna Kroeger  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
votes May 27, 2008

Hi! To see how many votes you got you first have to login and go to "MyProz.com" (on the top) and then to the option that says "MyBrowniZ"... there will be a charter where you will be able to see that you got 50 points per each vote you received Good luck

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »