Student users-only topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!
Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:46
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't need to switch computers.. May 4, 2008

Hi again

I'm not sure you need to post from another computer - if u're running on a PC/windows, then Internet Explorer is installed and you'll be able to use it. Try to search your system for the IE application

orangelani
orangelani  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Tuesday? May 4, 2008

Anne Diamantidis wrote:

No, you're not too late - entries can be submitted until Tuesday.

I thought the deadline was Monday, 2008-05-05 15:00:00 GMT...

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're quick ! :-) May 4, 2008

Hi Orangelani,

Haha you're quick - I was just about to make a little annoucement about that to you guys !

For technical reasons, we can't close the submission phase on Monday. So we decided to let the contest run a bit more - originally it was said Tuesday, now we set a definitive date on Wednesday, May 7th, 15 GMT - it's confirmed.

Your hostess will be Soledad, so you'll be in great hands, but be ni
... See more
Hi Orangelani,

Haha you're quick - I was just about to make a little annoucement about that to you guys !

For technical reasons, we can't close the submission phase on Monday. So we decided to let the contest run a bit more - originally it was said Tuesday, now we set a definitive date on Wednesday, May 7th, 15 GMT - it's confirmed.

Your hostess will be Soledad, so you'll be in great hands, but be nice with her !

That gives you two extra days to submit your entry - for those who haven't done so - or edit it for the perfectionnists among you !

I take the opportunityof this post to give you some news on the contest : there are currently 92 entries in the contest, in 23 languages. Guys, this is amazing - you are amazing! 10 language pairs have more than 3 entries and qualify, but some language pairs still need you :

The following pairs still need only one entry to qualify: - English - Bulgarian, Dutch, Indonesian, Lithuanian, Serbian and Swedish

The following pairs still need two entries to qualify: - English - Arabic, Estonian, Japanese, Norwegian(Bokmal), Slovak, Greek and Vietnamese

So ... at your keyboards, ready, steady, go - you have two extra days!

[Modifié le 2008-05-04 20:28]
Collapse

arvadora
arvadora
German to Hungarian
+ ...
I can´t edit my entry... :( May 5, 2008

Hi!

I have already uploaded a raw version of my translation last week and today I wanted to edit it, but it didn´t work.. (I clicked on the field "edit your entry", and although I managed to correct my translation, I couldn´t find it after saving it, in the window there was the old version again...

Now I am afraid to participate with the raw version, please check what I could do, it can´t be th
... See more
Hi!

I have already uploaded a raw version of my translation last week and today I wanted to edit it, but it didn´t work.. (I clicked on the field "edit your entry", and although I managed to correct my translation, I couldn´t find it after saving it, in the window there was the old version again...

Now I am afraid to participate with the raw version, please check what I could do, it can´t be the operating system as it worked out last time perfectly!

Thanks a lot,

Dora
Collapse

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Great news! May 5, 2008

So ... at your keyboards, ready, steady, go - you have two extra days!

[Modifié le 2008-05-04 20:28]

Great, I was afraid I couldn't make it in time! I really want to take part in this contest!

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Edit function is working fine May 6, 2008

arvadora wrote:

Hi!

Now I am afraid to participate with the raw version, please check what I could do, it can´t be the operating system as it worked out last time perfectly!

Thanks a lot,

Dora

Hi Dora,

I have just tested the platform again and could edit with no problems.

I have contacted you via email, so that your entry is not shown publicly. Don't worry that we'll see that your final version is the one that participates.

Anyway guys, a word of advice, for this case and for the rest of your translators lives: just in case, save versions!

As the saying goes: One good forewit is worth two afterwits

S_Angel (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Formatting problem May 6, 2008

Hi,
I just submitted my entry and everything worked fine, but there is something wrong with the way my entry is displayed. The first time there was a sentence in bold that wasn't supposed to be in bold, so I clicked "Edit your entry" to check and I saw that my text looked fine. I confirmed and then the bold sentence was normal, but some slashes had appeared before some punctuation signs, such as ' and " (I saw something like this happen in the forum every now and then, so I guess it's not
... See more
Hi,
I just submitted my entry and everything worked fine, but there is something wrong with the way my entry is displayed. The first time there was a sentence in bold that wasn't supposed to be in bold, so I clicked "Edit your entry" to check and I saw that my text looked fine. I confirmed and then the bold sentence was normal, but some slashes had appeared before some punctuation signs, such as ' and " (I saw something like this happen in the forum every now and then, so I guess it's not just a problem of the contest platform).
It's not a big problem as long as my entry is readable, but is there a way to fix this? And is it happening to other entries too or just to mine?

Thanks for your help!

Bye

Sara
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
On it May 6, 2008

Hi Sara,

Good to see you finally went for it!

We have a developer working on that right now. It should be solved in a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Soledad

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Slashes gone May 6, 2008

Hi all,

Those awful slashes are gone

So, you still have time till tomorrow 15 GMT (that's the site time) to edit your entries, or make a last minute submission of course!

See you around!

Sole

S_Angel (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Great job! May 6, 2008

So quick, thanks a lot!

Dagmara Kuliś (X)
Dagmara Kuliś (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:46
English to Polish
+ ...
Voting May 7, 2008

I have a question: I have just visited the contest platform and seen that the voting phase is open. But it seems that we can vote for our own entries. Is it right? Normally in the Proz contests you are not able to vote for your translation. So - can I vote for myself?

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Voting time! May 7, 2008

Dear all,

There were 149 translations submitted for the contest! Thanks and congratulations to all participants!

Now, voting time has started!

Visit the contest page to cast your vote.

You will have the chance to select the entry that you consider the best of the group and you may also select the second and third best entries. Points will be
... See more
Dear all,

There were 149 translations submitted for the contest! Thanks and congratulations to all participants!

Now, voting time has started!

Visit the contest page to cast your vote.

You will have the chance to select the entry that you consider the best of the group and you may also select the second and third best entries. Points will be assigned in amounts of four (4), two (2) and one (1), respectively. The entry that collects the most points wins. Voting will close the 21st of May at 15GMT.

Note that to vote you have to be logged in, and you will be able to vote only in the language combinations that are declared in your profile.

And, yes Dagmara you are right, You can't vote for yoursleves. That was a momentary bug, and it is fixed. Any voting in that condition is not counted as valid. So don't worry.

Thanks an happy voting!

Soledad
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Internet explorer disabled May 7, 2008

The voting function will be temporarily disabled if you are using Internet Explorer

No problems with Firefox.

It will be up in a minute!

Sorry!

Soledad

Soledad Azcona
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Up and going! May 7, 2008

Now you can also vote with Internet Explorer.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

Sole

marcos_gil
marcos_gil
Spanish to German
+ ...
oh dear too late May 7, 2008

Sh...
didn't see time limit.
Next time.

Best of luck to all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Launching the First StudentZ Translation Contest!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »