Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2008

A DNS group buy was under discussion in mid-December:
http://www.proz.com/topic/91091

Did anything come of this? Has there been a group buy and I missed it? Or is it still in the pipeline?

Isabel Booth
Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
I'd be interested too Jan 24, 2008

... if the group buy still has to go ahead
Isabel

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
So would I. Jan 24, 2008

That already makes three of us.

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
make it four Jan 24, 2008

Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Me too! Feb 19, 2008

Now!

Piotr Sawiec
Piotr Sawiec  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
the number is increasing Feb 19, 2008

and there will be six of us if the price is satisfactory

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Group buy Feb 19, 2008

We did indeed schedule a group buy with a distributor in Europe. The link is at http://www.proz.com/tgb/128 however the European product is different than that of the US distributor and the US distributor is able to provide a lower price point - hwoever that product is English only. I did not launch the group buy as I did not want a US resident and user of proz.com site to see the buy and think we were prom... See more
We did indeed schedule a group buy with a distributor in Europe. The link is at http://www.proz.com/tgb/128 however the European product is different than that of the US distributor and the US distributor is able to provide a lower price point - hwoever that product is English only. I did not launch the group buy as I did not want a US resident and user of proz.com site to see the buy and think we were promoting a price that was actually higher than most in the US can buy for on their own.

Feel free to sign up if you are outside the US and looking for DNS 9 in languages other than English and I will make sure you are able to buy at the stipulated prices.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen
Collapse

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that link doesn't work, Drew Feb 19, 2008

Anyway, as I want GB (not US) English do I take it that I'd be better off going it alone anyway?
Thanks for your reply.

Isabel Booth
Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Also interested in GB English only Feb 20, 2008

like Marie Helene ...

Looking forward to your reply, thanks
Isabel

sheizmann (X)
sheizmann (X)
English to German
also still interested Mar 6, 2008

Hi,

I'm interested in German, and I am still watching the thread. I also tried the link, and it didn't work for me, either. Maybe I was too slow, and it's all over?

Susanne

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think you're too slow Mar 6, 2008

sheizmann wrote:

Hi,

I'm interested in German, and I am still watching the thread. I also tried the link, and it didn't work for me, either. Maybe I was too slow, and it's all over?

Susanne

There seems to be a general lack of interest in answering our questions, unfortunately (or to be more charitable, given that the usual service I've had wih Proz has been excellent, staff have not had the time to address them yet). I am going to go it alone, I think.

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
DNS 9 Group Buy Mar 12, 2008

Sorry to all of you that have been waiting - the link is now LIVE at http://www.proz.com/tgb/128

Pleasse note that this group buy is only visible to those outside US and Canada (when logged in). This is because US purchasers can find English only versions for substantially lower prices online on their own.

The group buy bundle includes Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Software in either
... See more
Sorry to all of you that have been waiting - the link is now LIVE at http://www.proz.com/tgb/128

Pleasse note that this group buy is only visible to those outside US and Canada (when logged in). This is because US purchasers can find English only versions for substantially lower prices online on their own.

The group buy bundle includes Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Software in either Italian, Dutch, French, Spanish, German or English as well as a table top microphone performance rated 5 dragons by Nuance. Translators may find a table top mic is much better when dictating/translating for many hours a day. This bundle also includes online live support as well.

If you have any questions please email [email protected] directly. Thank you - and good luck with DNS 9

Drew MacFadyen
Collapse

sheizmann (X)
sheizmann (X)
English to German
nobody else interested? Mar 24, 2008

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

Hi you guys out there,

isn't anybody else interested? Seems I'm still the only one in the group buy. Did anything go wrong?

Susanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS Group buy?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »