Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:31
Spanish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2007

Hello,

I've been using Dragon 9 with Transit XV. It works perfectly until I try to insert a non-English character like 'ñ' or an accented character. As soon as Dragon inserts one of those characters, the cursor moves to the beginning of the segment, before the tag. For instance:

ón eléctrica (Tags)El sistema funciona con tres fuentes de alimentaci

The segment starts with: '(Tags)El sistema funciona... ', then the cursor moves to the beginning when Dragon recognizes the 'ó' character. This is just one example, it does the same even if there are no tags inside the segment.

Is there a fix for this behavior. I don't know if the problem lies with Dragon or Transit. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help: Dragon 9 + Transit XV = Problems with non-English characters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »