Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 21, 2007

I've been looking at two threads from May and June to try to find out if Dragon 9.5 really is compatible with Vista, and also if it is a free download. The discussion was about people who were planning to use it with Vista, so ...

Are any of you actually using this combination? How is it working out? And, importantly, is the download free?

Thanks!
Patricia

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:46
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Dragon does not work with Vista Sep 21, 2007

I had to uninstall it within a week of getting the new computer with Vista. It was wrecking my computer too much, and the computer would not close down normally, either. There is not a Vista-compatible version of Dragon yet.

Astrid

Patricia Rosas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
thanks, Astrid... Sep 21, 2007

You'd think Nuance would be "on" this, but I guess not. Too bad!

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Check out this link about Vista Sep 21, 2007

http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2007/20070130_vista.asp

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:46
Flemish to English
+ ...
Spanish version Sep 22, 2007

Vielleicht funktioniert die deutsche Version nicht, pero leí en este foro que una de nuestras colegas de habla hispana bajo la versión 9.51 and that the upgrade worked with Vista and Office 2007 (see also website of Nuance).

[Edited at 2007-09-22 07:56]

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dragon and Vista Sep 22, 2007

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:
There is not a Vista-compatible version of Dragon yet.
Astrid

As Amy Duncan points out, there is - Version 9.5 - and it can be downloaded. See
http://www.nuance.com/vista/naturallyspeaking/preferred/

Patricia Rosas
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
does anyone have experience with Vista and DNS9? Sep 23, 2007

Now that you've all cleared up the confusion about whether or not Nuance has a Vista-compatible product (thanks for the links!), I'm wondering if any of you are actually using DNS9.51 with Vista?

If so, how's the performance? Any big problems?

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
No experience yet Sep 24, 2007

This doesn't answer your questions directly, as I am still on XP. However, I see no reason to worry about the performance on Vista. I have been using Dragon since version 5, and each version has been an improvement, regardless of the underlying operating system.

In any case, the prime influences on Dragon performance are firstly how clearly you enunciate, and secondly the power of your PC. I have just acquired a new PC with a fast processor and 2G memory, and performance is impressi
... See more
This doesn't answer your questions directly, as I am still on XP. However, I see no reason to worry about the performance on Vista. I have been using Dragon since version 5, and each version has been an improvement, regardless of the underlying operating system.

In any case, the prime influences on Dragon performance are firstly how clearly you enunciate, and secondly the power of your PC. I have just acquired a new PC with a fast processor and 2G memory, and performance is impressive. I suspect you'll need at least that power for Vista.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 9 and Vista

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »