Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
Local time: 12:24
English to Italian
+ ...
May 16, 2007

Hi All,
since I'm thinking of taking part into the current group buying in Proz for DNS, I've got a doubt about the language.
It is specifically stated that the language in DNS will be English. Does it mean that there are several language versions? Or can I buy it and then train it in my own language?
Thanks in advance
Pamela

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Available in Italian May 16, 2007

See http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Naturally-Speaking-Preferred-Italian/dp/B000IADTOQ

http://www.voicepower.co.uk/index.php?page=product&pid=184&group=1&subgroup=1

A good decision to buy DNS:-)<
... See more
See http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Naturally-Speaking-Preferred-Italian/dp/B000IADTOQ

http://www.voicepower.co.uk/index.php?page=product&pid=184&group=1&subgroup=1

A good decision to buy DNS:-)

[Edited at 2007-05-16 15:26]
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
specific language versions May 16, 2007

From what I understand, the group buy is for the English version only. To be able to use it with Italian, you need to buy the Italian version instead, which will come with both Italian and English language files.
I do not think you can buy separate language packages to add to the English (or other version) of DNS.

(I had bought my Italian version from its Italian distributors, Questar)

Hope this helps,
Roberta

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
DNS is not very helpful May 17, 2007

when you want to buy anything but the English version in the US. I tried buying the Dutch version online, but was told that "we don't do that" (they told me in Dutch, though).

I finally had my sister in the Old Country bicycle (!) over to her friendly local store and buy me a copy of the Dutch version. Which comes with UK and US English and is a full version of DNS.

The English version you can buy in the US is only useful if you need American English and British English
... See more
when you want to buy anything but the English version in the US. I tried buying the Dutch version online, but was told that "we don't do that" (they told me in Dutch, though).

I finally had my sister in the Old Country bicycle (!) over to her friendly local store and buy me a copy of the Dutch version. Which comes with UK and US English and is a full version of DNS.

The English version you can buy in the US is only useful if you need American English and British English and Australian English and India English and Malaysia English and Early Pre Anglican English and Sanskrit English and ..., you get the drift.
Collapse

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 17, 2007

Thank you all.

I was about to spend my money in the group buying.
As Roberta says, I'll have to check with the Italian distributor to get the Italian version.
Have a nice day
Pamela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language in DNS

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »