Dragon and Metatexis problem: Please help! [DNS puts words at start of document,not in open segment]
Thread poster: Kai Boe
Kai Boe
Kai Boe
Spain
Local time: 17:40
English to German
+ ...
Dec 9, 2006

Hi -

I have just started to work with DNS 9.0 and have a problem after entering the text and after changing into the new segment.

When I start dictating, DNS starts to place the words at the beginning of the document instead of placing them into the open segment (where I have also had the cursor, of course). This is -of course quite annoying as I have to get back manually into the segment and start over again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
... See more
Hi -

I have just started to work with DNS 9.0 and have a problem after entering the text and after changing into the new segment.

When I start dictating, DNS starts to place the words at the beginning of the document instead of placing them into the open segment (where I have also had the cursor, of course). This is -of course quite annoying as I have to get back manually into the segment and start over again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kai

[Edited at 2006-12-10 03:51]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-10 04:01]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-11 09:48]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-13 21:12]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-13 21:13]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-03-13 21:13]
Collapse

Ben Dooley
Ben Dooley
Local time: 11:40
Japanese to English
same problem, any solution yet? Mar 12, 2007

I've encountered the same problem. Very annoying. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Thanks,
Ben

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:40
English
+ ...
Metatexis back to normal May 2, 2007

Hi just seen this.

I was using DNS 7 and it worked perfectly with Metatexis. Switched to DNS 8 and had the exact problem you describe. So I went back to Dragon 7 - problem solved.

Wish I knew what was causing it too!

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Solution to problem of DNS jumping in Wordfast May 8, 2007

I am not sure whether this will work with Metatexis, too, but I seem (accidentally) to have found a solution to the problem with DNS and Wordfast, where the cursor jumps to the beginning of the text.
My solution is to say "cap" as if you're about to put a word in capitals. The cursor will then jump to wherever it is (wrongly) going to jump but doesn't write anything because it is waiting for you to say a word to put in capitals. You can then manually move your cursor back to the box where
... See more
I am not sure whether this will work with Metatexis, too, but I seem (accidentally) to have found a solution to the problem with DNS and Wordfast, where the cursor jumps to the beginning of the text.
My solution is to say "cap" as if you're about to put a word in capitals. The cursor will then jump to wherever it is (wrongly) going to jump but doesn't write anything because it is waiting for you to say a word to put in capitals. You can then manually move your cursor back to the box where you want to translate and carry on. It's a bit cumbersome and it is irritating to have to do this, but if you're a slow typer like me, it's still worth it. I hope this helps...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon and Metatexis problem: Please help! [DNS puts words at start of document,not in open segment]

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »