DPI 15 in Studio 2019 vs. MemoQ 8.6
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Apr 9

Hi recently started using DPI (latest update) again and I notice that it works reasonably fine with Studio 2019 (with dictation box), but crashes all the time with MemoQ 8.6. Anybody else experienced this or have better experiences with an older version of MemoQ? Or maybe I should force the dictation box with MemoQ too?

Thanks!

Olly

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
btw Apr 9

Instead of Dragon's crappy little one, I would suggest this much improved dictation box: http://www.speechproductivity.eu/ !

Also, DPI 15 works great here in my memoQ 8.7.10. I even get Select-and-Say functionality, which is impossible in Studio.

Michael

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Speech productivity Apr 9

Thanks, but don't like speech productivity's dbox as it can't launch automatically like dragon's does (you have to force it). Will try the newest version of MemoQ.

Olly

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Why do you need a dictation box at all though? Apr 9

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Thanks, but don't like speech productivity's dbox as it can't launch automatically like dragon's does (you have to force it). Will try the newest version of MemoQ.

Olly

Why do you need a dictation box at all though, since Dragon Professional Individual can easily dictate right into the target box in both memoQ* and Studio**?

Michael

*: with ‘Full Text Control’ (Select-and-Say)
**: without ‘Full Text Control’ (Select-and-Say)

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Select and say Apr 9

I use the dbox with Studio precisely because of the text control, and I'm having trouble with MemoQ (I see I already had 8.7) crashing without the dbox, which is why I'm going to try using it...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPI 15 in Studio 2019 vs. MemoQ 8.6

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search