Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:30
French to English
Feb 1, 2018

Hello
I have Dragon Premium 2013 version 13. I find when I'm using it at the moment there is a constant flickering on the screen which is extremely annoying. I have no idea whether this can be corrected. Has anyone else had the same experience?
regards,
Anne

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
flickering problem = associated with all new versions of Office (i.e. after Office 2010) Feb 1, 2018

Anne Greaves wrote:

Hello
I have Dragon Premium 2013 version 13. I find when I'm using it at the moment there is a constant flickering on the screen which is extremely annoying. I have no idea whether this can be corrected. Has anyone else had the same experience?
regards,
Anne

Hi Anne,

Are you perchance working in Word? From my personal experience, Dragon does not work properly in any of the new versions of MS office, i.e. without flickering. I have tested this extensively, and it seems you'd have to go back to Office 2010 for it to stop doing it.

However, I seem to remember that someone solved it at some point, but since I don't really dictate in Office (I have 365) anymore, I never really notice this flickering problem. I dictate everything in CafeTran, or other CAT tools, where the flickering problem doesn't occur.

If I have a moment, I'll try to go through my emails to see if I can find the solution, if there was one.

Michael

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 1, 2018

Thanks Michael, yes I am using Word, maybe will stick to Trados in future.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 23:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
MS Office post-2010 :( Feb 1, 2018

Later versions than 2010 of MS Office won't work with my WF Classic and Excel files, so I no longer install any higher versions than 2010. Anyway, I see absolutely nothing in the later versions that could be described as a worthwhile improvement, at least for my purposes. Pigs in a poke.

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 1, 2018

Thanks should probably revert to Word 2010 then!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Flickering screen

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »