Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can anybody recommend voice recognition software?
Thread poster: Ben_ (X)
Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:57
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
DNS13/Studio 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Thomas Rebotier wrote:

On the good side, Trados uses a "compatible" type of text field, which allows you to leverage the spell checker and correct spelling mistakes with voice commands. (Unlike in Wordfast).

This used to be the case for DNS12. It looks like the latest version, DNS13, is partly incompatible with Studio 2014: You can't use ANY commands, just plain dictation (i.e. no correction of misspellings etc.), which is quite a big drawback imho.

Philippe SALMON
Philippe SALMON
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:57
English to French
+ ...
Worth an expensive microphone investment? Oct 14, 2014

Hello folks, I have been using Dragon (French) for a while and like it - it's much better than earlier versions I tried 10+ years ago.

I have heard that some people say you get much greater accuracy with an expensive microphone (I'm thinking of the £200+ ones). I have been using the one supplied with the software and it is fine - not 100% perfect but pretty accurate now it knows my voice! On the other hand my wife uses her iPad (into English)and finds that it is pretty good and it
... See more
Hello folks, I have been using Dragon (French) for a while and like it - it's much better than earlier versions I tried 10+ years ago.

I have heard that some people say you get much greater accuracy with an expensive microphone (I'm thinking of the £200+ ones). I have been using the one supplied with the software and it is fine - not 100% perfect but pretty accurate now it knows my voice! On the other hand my wife uses her iPad (into English)and finds that it is pretty good and it didn't cost anything extra...

Obviously the places selling the upmarket mikes say it makes a huge difference to accuracy, but they have an incentive!
Has anyone invested in an expensive mike and if so, did they find the investment repaid the extra cost?
Collapse

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I don't believe the microphone makes any difference. Oct 14, 2014

The cheap plastic microphone that comes with the software gives very good recognition quality. It's hard to imagine anything significantly better.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can anybody recommend voice recognition software?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »