Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:28
French to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2014

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help? My desktop computer has suffered a catastrophic failure, so I've switched to using my laptop whilst waiting for a new computer to be ordered and delivered. I have been using the laptop, which runs Windows XP, on a regular basis but haven't dictated on it since late 2011, although Dragon 11 was (and still is) installed and used to work fine. Now, however, when I try and activate Dragon, I keep getting a long and complicated error message to do with
... See more
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help? My desktop computer has suffered a catastrophic failure, so I've switched to using my laptop whilst waiting for a new computer to be ordered and delivered. I have been using the laptop, which runs Windows XP, on a regular basis but haven't dictated on it since late 2011, although Dragon 11 was (and still is) installed and used to work fine. Now, however, when I try and activate Dragon, I keep getting a long and complicated error message to do with a missing DLL file. I've no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've tried uninstalling from the control panel, but that fails for the same reason. I've also tried repairing / uninstalling using the disc, but al to no avail. I get the same message which I'll try to reproduce here:
File dd10shrd.dll function "?setElementDisplay @ClsHtmlCrtl@@IAEXPDHH@Z" (error 0) - apologies if that's not quite right - I tried to copy it but it wouldn't let me, so had to write it down manually....

Has anyone any bright ideas as I really could do with dictating this week!

Many thanks,

Claire

[Edited at 2014-02-03 19:53 GMT]
Collapse

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:28
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Feb 3, 2014

In the meantime, I have spoken to a colleague who directed me to this site:

See more
In the meantime, I have spoken to a colleague who directed me to this site:

http://preferredbypete.com/windows-vista-7/41845-how-fix-dragon-naturallyspeaking-version-11-5-error-cannot-find-import-dll-may-missing-corrupt-wrong-version-file-dll10shrd-dll.html

I followed the instructions towards the end about downloading a new natspeak.exe file and yippee, it seems to have fixed it!

Just thought I'd post in case it helps someone else in the future.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 11 no longer working

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »