Dragon 12 compatibility issues with Trados (Tag Editor, SDLX)
Thread poster: Florence Lesur
Florence Lesur
Florence Lesur  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:40
English to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2012

Hello,

I just upgraded to Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 12 on my Win7, and I keep encountering issues.

First with TagEditor: it showed a "Failed to create Java Virtual Machine" when I opened a TTX file, then crashed when there were tags in the segment. I found a workaround, though: exit DNS, open Workbench & TagEditor, then reopen DNS.

Now I have a different kind of problem with SDLX. There’s no way to open the TM. I get the message: "The translation
... See more
Hello,

I just upgraded to Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 12 on my Win7, and I keep encountering issues.

First with TagEditor: it showed a "Failed to create Java Virtual Machine" when I opened a TTX file, then crashed when there were tags in the segment. I found a workaround, though: exit DNS, open Workbench & TagEditor, then reopen DNS.

Now I have a different kind of problem with SDLX. There’s no way to open the TM. I get the message: "The translation could not be opened. Ensure that it is a valid SDLX memory and that it has the correct rights (read/write)." I have tried several things, bar desinstalling the applications, to no avail.

Did you have the same problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Florence
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 12 compatibility issues with Trados (Tag Editor, SDLX)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »