Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 18, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I've been trying for long to use different voice recognition software with different versions of Trados, and though they do work, I have to type within a box that opens up when I speak. This slows the process rather than accelerating it by the use of a voice recognition software.

I know there is a way to type within the segment without this box popping up. My husband is also a translator and he has always been able to take full advantage from it, becaus
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I've been trying for long to use different voice recognition software with different versions of Trados, and though they do work, I have to type within a box that opens up when I speak. This slows the process rather than accelerating it by the use of a voice recognition software.

I know there is a way to type within the segment without this box popping up. My husband is also a translator and he has always been able to take full advantage from it, because his Trados allows him to type within the segment.

May be Trados likes more my husband than me? Or is it that there is a way to deactivate that vexatious box? There is actually... do you know how to? I'm becoming jealous of Trados
Collapse

septima
septima
Local time: 11:15
How Oct 18, 2012

I guess there's a good reason why you haven't asked your husband

If you mean Dragon, yes, you can turn the dictation box off.

Tools -> Options -> Miscellaneous -> Uncheck "Use the Dictation Box for unsupported applications"

However, you need quite a lot of computing power to make both programs work together smoothly. And it's also good to switch off any Autosuggest features in Trados when di
... See more
I guess there's a good reason why you haven't asked your husband

If you mean Dragon, yes, you can turn the dictation box off.

Tools -> Options -> Miscellaneous -> Uncheck "Use the Dictation Box for unsupported applications"

However, you need quite a lot of computing power to make both programs work together smoothly. And it's also good to switch off any Autosuggest features in Trados when dictating. Unless, of course, you have a really super-powered comp.

Personally, I don't find the box a problem. It pops up as soon as I start talking in a segment, then "Transfer Text" and it's ready for editing.

The bottom line is your computer hardware etc.

[Edited at 2012-10-18 21:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice recognition with Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »