Dragon 9.5 resetting mic sensitivity to high in Win 7 32 bit
Thread poster: Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:55
Portuguese to English
Aug 4, 2012

Hi all, I think the title says it all. I reset sensitivity to where I want it but as soon as I click to activate the mic in Dragon, I see the sensitivity bar slide straight up to 100% and naturally, this is causing spurious insertions in the text.

Is there any way I can adjust it in regedit to stay where I set it ?

Also, I am not using a DNS mic. I am using a high quality AIWA stereo array mic that is positioned at the top of my monitor. I know the mic is not the issue
... See more
Hi all, I think the title says it all. I reset sensitivity to where I want it but as soon as I click to activate the mic in Dragon, I see the sensitivity bar slide straight up to 100% and naturally, this is causing spurious insertions in the text.

Is there any way I can adjust it in regedit to stay where I set it ?

Also, I am not using a DNS mic. I am using a high quality AIWA stereo array mic that is positioned at the top of my monitor. I know the mic is not the issue because I have a parallel setup in win XP which works perfectly.

Thanks in advance for your kind replies.

[Edited at 2012-08-04 14:02 GMT]
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
English to Czech
Reference to attenuator Oct 10, 2012

Ward Whittaker wrote:

br>
[Edited at 2012-08-04 14:02 GMT]

Maybe can help such information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuator_(electronics)

I am not a really user of SR, maybe next week.

Milan Condak

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 06:55
English
NaturallySpeaking 9.5/Windows 7 Oct 12, 2012

The problem is NaturallySpeaking 10.1 and below are not fully compatible with Windows 7. You need to upgrade to version 12.

Tom Hamilton
KnowBrainer.com

Ward Whittaker
Ward Whittaker  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:55
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I discovered a workaround Oct 12, 2012

Hi Tom,

yes I discovered that later but I developed a workaround anyway. The trick is to set the mic sensitivity back to where you want it after the app is running, and then "pause" Dragon with the slash key, don't actually disable it. It works like a charm.

I do intend to upgrade later but I'm one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" type of guys.

Cheers,
Ward

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 9.5 resetting mic sensitivity to high in Win 7 32 bit

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »