David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 21:19
German to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2012

Hi

My approach with Dragon 9.5 is to dictate into a philips dictation machine and to feed texts of about 10 minutes length into Dragon, after conversion to wav format. This has worked for about ten years. Suddenly, Dragon now, at the end of transcribing the file, decided to exit without saving the transcribed text and without any act on my part. I have reinstalled the program, but kept my user files since I did not want to have to dictate alice in bloody wonderland yet again!
... See more
Hi

My approach with Dragon 9.5 is to dictate into a philips dictation machine and to feed texts of about 10 minutes length into Dragon, after conversion to wav format. This has worked for about ten years. Suddenly, Dragon now, at the end of transcribing the file, decided to exit without saving the transcribed text and without any act on my part. I have reinstalled the program, but kept my user files since I did not want to have to dictate alice in bloody wonderland yet again!
Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve it?

Thanks for your help!
Collapse

Tom Fennell
Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 14:19
Russian to English
+ ...
Dear David Jun 20, 2012

I recently had something similar in Dragon 11.5.

I found Dragon (or Trados) cutting off words in the MIDDLE of an utterance.

For instance

The agreement must be signed by both parties.

(an this text was displayed in the little yellow recognition box)

became:

The agree be signed by both parties.

Running the Accuracy Tuning in the Audio menu and rebooting everything seems to have solved the problem.
... See more
I recently had something similar in Dragon 11.5.

I found Dragon (or Trados) cutting off words in the MIDDLE of an utterance.

For instance

The agreement must be signed by both parties.

(an this text was displayed in the little yellow recognition box)

became:

The agree be signed by both parties.

Running the Accuracy Tuning in the Audio menu and rebooting everything seems to have solved the problem.

In general it it important to run Accuracy Tuning regularly (it can be scheduled to run automatically in the Tools>Administrative Settings menu.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 9.5 closes at end of transcription without saving

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »