Calibration of Windows 7 Speech Recognition Tool
Thread poster: Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Local time: 05:31
French to English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2012

I have found Windows 7 Speech Recognition (English version) very useful. Unfortunately when I calibrated it, I allowed it to integrate all the documents on my computer, so the vocabulary has been extended to French & German words. When I dictate in English it often comes up with FR or DE words. I need to recalibrate from the start, but I can't find out how to do this. Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance - Peter

Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Local time: 05:31
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Mar 17, 2014

I tried re-installing this many times. In the end I gave up and bought Dragon Naturally Speaking 12.5. Compared to previous versions of Dragon it is miraculously accurate. It works well even within so-called unsupported applications (e.g. Trados 7, Studio).

As well as massively increasing my productivity, it has certainly helped my aching shoulders and neck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Calibration of Windows 7 Speech Recognition Tool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »