Thread poster: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2011

Good morning, everyone

I have recently upgraded to DNS 10 and it's driving me mad by putting Prof, Pres, and VP when I dictate Professor, President and Vice President respectively. I have been trying to work out how to stop it doing this, so far in vain. Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Maryrose

Keith Boak
Keith Boak  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:37
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Delete the abbreviated words Mar 19, 2011

Hi Maryrose - I don't know if there is a neater solution, but one option I use when the system selects words or spellings I don't want is to delete them from Dragon database.

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:37
Swedish to English
+ ...
Autoformat option Mar 19, 2011

In Dragon, titles are abbreviated by default, eg Prof Smith.

See Tools / Auto-Formatting Options / Abbreviate Titles.

If you uncheck that, you will get Professor Smith.

maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:07
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it worked Mar 20, 2011

Many thanks to you both. Peter, it worked a treat. I just had to delete "Mister" from the vocab because of course it started using that for Mr, and everything's rosy.

Cheers
Maryrose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unwanted abbreviations in DNS 10

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »