Alessandro Zocchi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:42
Member (2007)
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

wishing a happy International Translators' Day to You all, I would like to know if anyone of You ever had problems with DNS10.

A Colleague of mine says her DNS just stops working from time to time when she is dictating, and since all this happens abruptedly, there's no possibility to prevent it. Yesterday she says DNS automatically switched on the Dictating mode, although no-one ever changed from the Normal mode

Trying to reboot solves the
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

wishing a happy International Translators' Day to You all, I would like to know if anyone of You ever had problems with DNS10.

A Colleague of mine says her DNS just stops working from time to time when she is dictating, and since all this happens abruptedly, there's no possibility to prevent it. Yesterday she says DNS automatically switched on the Dictating mode, although no-one ever changed from the Normal mode

Trying to reboot solves the problem until it reappears. Do You think that reinstalling could/would be the best thing to do or could it simply depend on the quality of the sound (she says the program diagnostics system alerts her that the sound card volume is too high)? Should she perhaps try and perform a training session of DNS in the Accuracy Centre?

Many thanks in advance!

Alessandro
Collapse

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
It happened to me once Sep 30, 2010

Hi Ale,

Hope you are doing fine.
This happened to me once and I had to reinstall the program, there was no other way to solve the problem. After that, though, everything has been running well.

Did you try to contact the customer support?

Ciao
Giusi

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:42
French to English
+ ...
Manage users Sep 30, 2010

I use DN 9, so I don't know if this applies to DN10, but it might be worth a go. When this happened to me, the DNS support line told me to go into Manage users, then Advanced, then Restore to a previous level. That seems to do the trick. It's as though the program corrupts itself after a while and needs to be rejigged.

Good luck.

Claire

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:42
English
+ ...
Not had that problem.... Sep 30, 2010

...(he says crossing his fingers) - but in an earlier version I tried out, it would periodically tell me that my user profile was no longer valid / inaccessible (or something) and to use the programme again I had to create a new profile (losing all gains made by training it) then train the new profile to recognise my voice. I gave up on Dragon and swore I'd only come back to it if and when they'd ironed out the scaly problems. W... See more
...(he says crossing his fingers) - but in an earlier version I tried out, it would periodically tell me that my user profile was no longer valid / inaccessible (or something) and to use the programme again I had to create a new profile (losing all gains made by training it) then train the new profile to recognise my voice. I gave up on Dragon and swore I'd only come back to it if and when they'd ironed out the scaly problems. With DNS10 they seemed to have done just that, so I paid for a copy (rare event in Spain, I know ) and I've been very happy with it so far.

[Edited at 2010-09-30 17:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with DNS 10: doesn't want to collaborate anymore

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »