Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:47
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2010

I have been meaning to buy DNS for years, but have not for various reasons.

I am now thinking about it again, but have two concerns about which I would appreciate any input.

The first is, does it work well with Studio 2009?

The second is that I seem to do more and more proof reading and editing rather than pure translating and so am wondering if in fact I have now missed the window when DNS might have been really useful.

Mark

[Edited at
... See more
I have been meaning to buy DNS for years, but have not for various reasons.

I am now thinking about it again, but have two concerns about which I would appreciate any input.

The first is, does it work well with Studio 2009?

The second is that I seem to do more and more proof reading and editing rather than pure translating and so am wondering if in fact I have now missed the window when DNS might have been really useful.

Mark

[Edited at 2010-09-09 12:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-09-09 12:18 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-09-09 12:19 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
am happy with DNS Sep 9, 2010

Mark,

I don't use SDL Studio 2009, but I wanted to say that I am happy with DNS and have just upgraded to DNS 11.

I'm having to wear a headset (too cheap to shell out for the Plantronics blue tooth--the first one I had died after about a year) and I'm having feedback issues (I hear everything I say). However, the accuracy is just amazing (although some words have to be "trained"--and I do take the time to do that).

As far as proofing, I'm also an editor o
... See more
Mark,

I don't use SDL Studio 2009, but I wanted to say that I am happy with DNS and have just upgraded to DNS 11.

I'm having to wear a headset (too cheap to shell out for the Plantronics blue tooth--the first one I had died after about a year) and I'm having feedback issues (I hear everything I say). However, the accuracy is just amazing (although some words have to be "trained"--and I do take the time to do that).

As far as proofing, I'm also an editor of texts in English, and although I've tried to use DNS to read text aloud, I find its English voices to be very poor. I used to be able to use Cepstral voices to read texts in both English and Spanish in Word, but when I upgraded to Windows 7 that feature was no longer available.

So, I got "ReadAloud" and it works with my Cepstral English voice, and I use that to help me proofread the final copy of manuscripts that I've edited.

I hope someone can answer your question about SDL Studio ...

Patricia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS and SDL Studio 2009, and also usefulness when editing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »