Thread poster: Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:41
Member (2004)
Apr 19, 2010

Hi,

I recently bought a Sennheiser BW900 bluetooth mic for use with DNS to replace my old mic (having seen positive reviews in some of the speech recognition sites), and after a bit of playing around managed to get it up and running yesterday. Today though DNS isn't working - I have horrendous background noise and the volume check sends back a 'the sound level is too high message'.

I have no idea if it's a sound card problem, a bluetooth problem (had to buy a bluetooth
... See more
Hi,

I recently bought a Sennheiser BW900 bluetooth mic for use with DNS to replace my old mic (having seen positive reviews in some of the speech recognition sites), and after a bit of playing around managed to get it up and running yesterday. Today though DNS isn't working - I have horrendous background noise and the volume check sends back a 'the sound level is too high message'.

I have no idea if it's a sound card problem, a bluetooth problem (had to buy a bluetooth USB adaptor for the device to be recognized, but it has connected OK), interference or what. It's very frustrating though and I'm beginning to wonder if I should've bought a bluetooth mic at all. I've seen that KnowBrainer and speechrecsolutions use adaptors and things, but there seem to be quite a few and I'm not sure if I need one or which one I would need. It looks like I'll have to ship them over from the US too, so don't want to buy something I don't need or won't solve my problem.

BTW, I have no intention of using it with the office phone, it's just for use with DNS. And I'm running on Vista.

If anyone knows a solution, I'd be really grateful! The most annoying thing is it was working fine yesterday

Kate
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:41
French to English
Re-do training? Apr 19, 2010

Have you gone through the DNS "training" thingy again - you know, where you read out what it says on the screen to train Dragon to recognise your voice? I would defo try that with a new mike.

Katherine Mérignac
Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:41
Member (2004)
TOPIC STARTER
Yep, have done Apr 19, 2010

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for taking the time to help! Yes, I've done that - I recreated a couple of new profiles for use with the new setup because they recommended doing so at the Speech Recognition Solutions site. And, of course, the volume check and everything passed just fine yesterday...

K

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sennheiser BW900 mic background noise

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »