DNS10: different languages working in unison?
Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:09
Flemish to English
+ ...
May 4, 2009

With Dragon naturally speaking version 9 preferred, you bought speech-recognition program able to recognize 4 different languages (Dutch,French, German and English).
To make more money, this is no longer on offer in version 10. However, the German version of DNS10 also comes with an English speech-recognition program. Is this also the case with the French version or the Spanish version or is there a version like DNS 9 with 4 languages in one progamme.I have German/English. Should I buy Fre
... See more
With Dragon naturally speaking version 9 preferred, you bought speech-recognition program able to recognize 4 different languages (Dutch,French, German and English).
To make more money, this is no longer on offer in version 10. However, the German version of DNS10 also comes with an English speech-recognition program. Is this also the case with the French version or the Spanish version or is there a version like DNS 9 with 4 languages in one progamme.I have German/English. Should I buy French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch do they work together on the same hard-disk?
Collapse

ElliBe
ElliBe  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:09
French to German
+ ...
Language combinations DNS 10 May 7, 2009

Hello,

I've just got an information from a German store that says that the Dutch version of DNS 10 includes Dutch, German, French and English (installation routine and manual are in Dutch, but the manual can be printed also in the other languages). Otherwise, they can deliver a German/English and a French/English version.

veratek
veratek
Brazil
Local time: 12:09
French to English
+ ...
Vista in French - Dragon in English - any conflict problems? Jul 10, 2009

Hello,
I was forced to buy my laptop with a French version of Vista. I am interested in Dragon Naturally speaking STANDARD v10 in English. Is there any conflict or problem in running the Standard version in English on a French Vista OS system? The installed Vista speech recognition language engine is the French one. I can't find any information in buying and installing the English Vista speech recognition language engine.

TIA

Vera

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:09
English
+ ...
No problem with Spanish Jul 10, 2009

Hi Vera,

I don't know about your specific combination, but I am running Dragon 10 on Windows XP in Spanish and have had no problems, so far! (fingers crossed).

Microsoft seem singularly unsympathetic to the idea of people living in one country and preferring to work in the langauge of another. I tried asking them if I could convert my Spanish Windows to English and received a very unhelpful reply... Sigh...

In fact, on the Net these days, I am sick of tryin
... See more
Hi Vera,

I don't know about your specific combination, but I am running Dragon 10 on Windows XP in Spanish and have had no problems, so far! (fingers crossed).

Microsoft seem singularly unsympathetic to the idea of people living in one country and preferring to work in the langauge of another. I tried asking them if I could convert my Spanish Windows to English and received a very unhelpful reply... Sigh...

In fact, on the Net these days, I am sick of trying to open a site and immediately being redirected to the Spanish Version of that site. Sometimes they don't even offer you an alternative, you just have to stay on the Spanish site!!! Does anyone know a way of turning the "re-direct" order off?

Cheers,

Berni
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS10: different languages working in unison?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »