Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 28, 2009

Ok VR fans, I know this has been long, long overdue but we have finally managed to get the exclusive discounts on Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 for ProZ.com users. I will have the links and page ready for you soon.

Regards,

Drew

[edited by drew 4-28-09]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-29 09:01 GMT]

Katrin Lueke
Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:30
English to German
Access denied Apr 28, 2009

Dear Drew,

Thank you very much!

But when I click on the link http://www.proz.com/dns/exclusive-pricing it says: "Access denied. You do not appear to be authorized to access this page."

Best regards,
Katrin

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
oops spoke to soon Apr 28, 2009

Sorry we are making some additional changes and improvements and will release the link soon.

Thanks Katrin for pointing that out.

Drew

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:30
Flemish to English
+ ...
More information. Apr 29, 2009

In which languages ? Dragon is available in Dutch, English,French, Spanish, German, Italian?
In the old version 9.0 preferred : English, Dutch, French, German came as one package.
In the current version : English-German is one license.
Do the other languages also come with English.
Which editions : preferred or professional.

Do you have any idea if several languages work together : for example: English, German, Dutch or English, German, French?
... See more
In which languages ? Dragon is available in Dutch, English,French, Spanish, German, Italian?
In the old version 9.0 preferred : English, Dutch, French, German came as one package.
In the current version : English-German is one license.
Do the other languages also come with English.
Which editions : preferred or professional.

Do you have any idea if several languages work together : for example: English, German, Dutch or English, German, French?

TIA.
Collapse

ElliBe
ElliBe  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Language combinations May 7, 2009

Hello,

I've just got an information from a German store that says that the Dutch version of DNS 10 includes Dutch, German, French and English (installation routine and manual are in Dutch, but the manual can be printed also in the other languages). Otherwise, they can deliver a German/English and a French/English version.

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK VR fans - DNS 10 discount page is available May 14, 2009

I have finished negotiating an exclusive discount on DNS 10 for ProZ.com users at http://www.proz.com/dragon-naturally-speaking

You have to click on the top right where it says "exclusive ProZ.com discounts" and then enter the appropriate discount code (none needed for US purchasers) during the check out process in order to receive the discount.

The software is ava
... See more
I have finished negotiating an exclusive discount on DNS 10 for ProZ.com users at http://www.proz.com/dragon-naturally-speaking

You have to click on the top right where it says "exclusive ProZ.com discounts" and then enter the appropriate discount code (none needed for US purchasers) during the check out process in order to receive the discount.

The software is available as a digital download (no shipping) and in a variety of languages. Please feel free to pass this link along to anyone else interested in investing in DNS 10.

Thanks for all your patience while we finalized these discounts. It has been some time, but i think you will find the 40-50% savings worth the wait.

THANKS

Drew
Collapse

Óscar Delgado Gosálvez
Óscar Delgado Gosálvez  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
and Spanish? May 14, 2009

Thanks Drew, that was quite an accomplishment.

However, the offer states that DNS has
Multi-language support - Dutch,English,French,German,Italian,Spanish

But I cannot find any reduction for the Spanish version.

Actually, if I follow the ProZ link, I can't find Spanish at all.

Is it included in another language pack?

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:30
German to English
+ ...
What's the actual deal? May 14, 2009

When I followed the link for English I saw only the standard version with a discount. No talk of reductions on the Preferred version. And I've been waiting for years for coherent information on the Professional version. Perhaps you should see what sort of a group buy rate might be possible on the professional version.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Still no information on the language combination May 15, 2009

On the official homepage of Nuance, there is the same offer (99 Euro), but instead of the "normal" price of 146 Euro, whilst with the ProZ discount it states "instead of 199 Euro". So, is this the real deal (= exclusive discount) you have negotiated for us? A bigger discount but the same final price?

And I don't find anywhere the possible language combinatio
... See more
On the official homepage of Nuance, there is the same offer (99 Euro), but instead of the "normal" price of 146 Euro, whilst with the ProZ discount it states "instead of 199 Euro". So, is this the real deal (= exclusive discount) you have negotiated for us? A bigger discount but the same final price?

And I don't find anywhere the possible language combinations for the German version.

Another question: the download can be repeated and reinstalled within one year. What if after 13 months I have to reformat my PC for example? Am I entitled to store a copy of the programme and then reinstall it or do I lose any right after one year?

Thank you for any clarification.
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Checking with Nuance for more info May 15, 2009

I will check with Nuance to get the answers to all your questions today.

Regarding prices. The US link does not require a coupon code and is for DNS 10 STANDARD, not preferred. The price is 40% off and the price is $59 instead of $99.

For UK, France and Germany the product is DNS 10 PREFERRED.

Christel - i do not see the same info you reference on Nuance home page.

I show the 146 price as being in GBP, not Euros so please check currency and i
... See more
I will check with Nuance to get the answers to all your questions today.

Regarding prices. The US link does not require a coupon code and is for DNS 10 STANDARD, not preferred. The price is 40% off and the price is $59 instead of $99.

For UK, France and Germany the product is DNS 10 PREFERRED.

Christel - i do not see the same info you reference on Nuance home page.

I show the 146 price as being in GBP, not Euros so please check currency and if their is a price of 99 EURO please send me that link and screen shot if you can to [email protected]

Thanks everyone.

Drew
Collapse

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
English
+ ...
Cheaper on Amazon? May 15, 2009

I didn't know about this ProZ offer until I had just purchased V10 (Standard - UK version) a couple of weeks ago. But I can say that I bought it for €80 on Amazon. Is that cheaper than this deal?

I know this deal for Europe is on Preferred, but how much is the final price for the UK version?

BTW I am very happy with the Standard Version as it seems to do everything I need it to do... and doesn't conflict with Metatexis - which Version 8 did! Is there any real advan
... See more
I didn't know about this ProZ offer until I had just purchased V10 (Standard - UK version) a couple of weeks ago. But I can say that I bought it for €80 on Amazon. Is that cheaper than this deal?

I know this deal for Europe is on Preferred, but how much is the final price for the UK version?

BTW I am very happy with the Standard Version as it seems to do everything I need it to do... and doesn't conflict with Metatexis - which Version 8 did! Is there any real advantage to upgrading to Preferred and is an upgrade part of this deal, or is it only for new customers?
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answers to some questions May 28, 2009

Yes the prices here are for preferred. The versions in specific languages all come with English as the other language, currently unique pairings like French>German are not available. We are adding the discounts for Spanish language to the page soon. In the meantime you can follow this link
20% de Descuento! Descargable Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 Preferred. and enter Coupon 20OFFDNS10PREF

... See more
Yes the prices here are for preferred. The versions in specific languages all come with English as the other language, currently unique pairings like French>German are not available. We are adding the discounts for Spanish language to the page soon. In the meantime you can follow this link
20% de Descuento! Descargable Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 Preferred. and enter Coupon 20OFFDNS10PREF

Thanks

Drew
Collapse

anna purna
anna purna  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
DNS - Download or shipping ? Jun 18, 2009

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Another question: the download can be repeated and reinstalled within one year. What if after 13 months I have to reformat my PC for example? Am I entitled to store a copy of the programme and then reinstall it or do I lose any right after one year?

Thank you for any clarification.

Does anyone have an answer to Christel's question ? I'm just about to click on the "Order now" button (thanks for the great discount, Proz team!)and don't know whether to download or opt for "international shipping" which sounds ominously long !

If you download and then change computers, can you just transfer it all onto the new one?

Thanks for any help on this...

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will ask Nuance directly Jun 18, 2009

I know when I had the product physically shipped to me, I was able to install on a new laptop using the original install codes- but obviously physically shipped CD takes some time and incurs a bit of cost.

I hope to have an answer for you today.

Drew

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Comments about download to multiple computers Jun 18, 2009

There is an “EDS” option offered in the cart, this is extended download service. The user is also able to purchase a CD with the download. If it is a 1-user 1-yr license, then yes you will need to repurchase in year 2.

Drew

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discounts for ProZ.com users on Dragon Naturally Speaking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »