mike4565
mike4565
Local time: 01:29
English to German
Dec 20, 2008

Hello everybody,

Does anyone of you experience formatting problems under DNS 10 and Trados
8.0?
Sometimes Trados (when working in Word 2003) begins the sentence with lower case
and sometimes with upper case. This problem didn't exist in previous
versions (i.e. 4.0-9.5). In TagEditor DNS always starts with upper case.
Does anyone know a solution to this?

Kind regards,
Michael

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:29
Swedish to English
+ ...
Perhaps just a change in behaviour ? Dec 22, 2008

I have exactly the same combination of software as you, but have not come across this problem.

But I have noticed a small change in behaviour -- if for any reason I type the first word of a sentence in Trados, and press the space bar, then that word is automatically capitalised. My impression is that this did not happen before. If I dictate the first few words, then the first word is not capitalised.

This business of capitalising the first letter has always been a bit o
... See more
I have exactly the same combination of software as you, but have not come across this problem.

But I have noticed a small change in behaviour -- if for any reason I type the first word of a sentence in Trados, and press the space bar, then that word is automatically capitalised. My impression is that this did not happen before. If I dictate the first few words, then the first word is not capitalised.

This business of capitalising the first letter has always been a bit of a nuisance, and I am not aware of any solution. I just automatically say "Cap" at the start of the sentence.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS and Trados 8.0

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »