Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:20
Spanish
+ ...
Oct 19, 2008

I currently have a two-year old Plantronics headset which I use with DNS 10, but now I want to upgrade my microphone. Sennheiser ME3 was my first choice, but I've been reading some reviews and apparently theBoom headsets are really great for speech recognition.

However, for $99-115 I want to be really sure it''s a good choice. I'm more interested in theBoom "O" since they seem to be the most comfortable. Has anybody used this headset or any of the other models? Also, are there any o
... See more
I currently have a two-year old Plantronics headset which I use with DNS 10, but now I want to upgrade my microphone. Sennheiser ME3 was my first choice, but I've been reading some reviews and apparently theBoom headsets are really great for speech recognition.

However, for $99-115 I want to be really sure it''s a good choice. I'm more interested in theBoom "O" since they seem to be the most comfortable. Has anybody used this headset or any of the other models? Also, are there any other options for same price range?

Claudia
Collapse

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 09:20
English
theBoom Oct 22, 2008

These are 2 threads with multiple people sharing opinions and criticisms on theBoom line of microphones and the Sennheiser ME3.

TheBoom "O", TheBoom v4, Sennheiser KnowBrainer what are the differences? Which is better, what do you recomm
... See more
These are 2 threads with multiple people sharing opinions and criticisms on theBoom line of microphones and the Sennheiser ME3.

TheBoom "O", TheBoom v4, Sennheiser KnowBrainer what are the differences? Which is better, what do you recommend? http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=viewForumTopic&topicId=3390&listFull#B05FF079-3048-5991-CEDE5318789thread14067

Dragon NaturallySpeaking accuracy with the Boom “O” microphone. http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=viewForumTopic&topicId=3696&listFull#8A3A224D-3048-5991-CE60E9AFCCBthread15361

In my own personal opinion the Senneheiser ME3, theBoom v4, and theBoom "O" are all excellent microphones but I tend to find the v4 a bit uncomfortable.

KnowBrainer, Inc. Support Staff – Tom Hamilton
A Nuance Gold Certified Endorsed Vendor

[Edited at 2008-10-22 21:25]
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:20
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
theboom Oct 24, 2008

Thank you Tom, I actually bought it a few days ago but I think mine was broken because the input was horrible compared other cheaper headsets. I'm gonna try to get a replacement and give it another try--the reviews are too good to ignore.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anybody used the theBoom?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »