Recording function keys as vocal commands in DNS9?
Thread poster: David BUICK
David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:23
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
May 19, 2008

I use Dragon a lot with Déjà Vu X. One of the more tedious aspects of DVX is inserting tags all the time. The keyboard shortcut for this is the F8 key. Is there a way of recording a command in Dragon to execute the F8 function vocally?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Richard Walker
Richard Walker
Local time: 00:23
Japanese to English
Depends on the version May 19, 2008

It's very easy to do with Pro, possible with Preferred, probably not with anything lower.

For Pro, open the Command Browser and it should be fairly self-explanatory. Just indicate the keystrokes and command name you want.

For Preferred, you'll need to install and research Vocola.

David BUICK
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 19, 2008

Thanks. I have Preferred, so I'll investigate Vocola.

Keith Boak
Keith Boak  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:23
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TRY THIS May 19, 2008

I've found that for applications such as TRADOS working within WORD, most of the commands needed eg CTRL ALT N or CTRL INS can be achieved just by saying "click control alt n" or "click control insert". Try "click F8" or something similar.

David BUICK
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Autor was nearly right! May 28, 2008

autor wrote:

I've found that for applications such as TRADOS working within WORD, most of the commands needed eg CTRL ALT N or CTRL INS can be achieved just by saying "click control alt n" or "click control insert". Try "click F8" or something similar.

A colleague has just discovered that "press F8" does the trick. So obvious when you know!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recording function keys as vocal commands in DNS9?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »