Thread poster: Francis Icaza
Francis Icaza
Francis Icaza
United States
Local time: 16:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2002

For reasons that are (thank goodness) not relevant, I had occasion to cut and paste a passage from a dissertation by Churchill at this site at one time.

I re-read the posting by trixiemck (on dignity of some days ago) and I feel these words may tender strength, to you Mónica and to all who face such pain:

\"But for everyone, surely, this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never. In nothing, great or small, large or petty -
... See more
For reasons that are (thank goodness) not relevant, I had occasion to cut and paste a passage from a dissertation by Churchill at this site at one time.

I re-read the posting by trixiemck (on dignity of some days ago) and I feel these words may tender strength, to you Mónica and to all who face such pain:

\"But for everyone, surely, this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never. In nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.\"

Imagination.

F.
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hermosas palabras... Jun 6, 2002

Hay tantas frases hermosas de Churchill...

Mi preferida es:

\"Perdí la mitad de mi vida

preocupándome por cosas

que nunca ocurrieron\".

Sería bueno vivir con esas palabras bien aprendidas, no?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sir Winston

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »