Thread poster: Emanuela Corbetta (X)
Emanuela Corbetta (X)
Emanuela Corbetta (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:28
English to Italian
+ ...
May 28, 2002

In the last 1/2 hour or so a person, Cubana is her name, has posted 15 kudoZ questions for business/financial English>Spanish. Now, since she is a German>Spanish translator I think she is trying to make us translate an entire financial glossary from English into Spanish for free. I think we have to stop this kind of behaviour but it seems that everybody is too busy answering the questions to get points.

Emanuela

Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL
Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Agreed!!! May 28, 2002

Hello, I\'m a Portuguese Translator and last week we had lots, and I mean LOTS of questions from one person, clearly unable to translate. Things that could easily be found in a Dictionary...

I think it\'s disgusting to have this behavior around. I don\'t answer, but some \'good souls\' do. :-0

Best,

Adriana Morgan

Karina Pelech
Karina Pelech  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Appears... May 28, 2002

to be prevalent in all language pairs, and I don\'t think it\'s just to have professionals liek ourselves to translate documents for free, either. It \'appears\' to be some sort of \'buddy\' system where friends are asking simple questions so that they are able to award Kudoz points to their friends / colleagues.

This has been going on for a while in Eng>Esp, Esp>Eng pages for sure.

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:28
Catalan to English
+ ...
Emanuela.... May 29, 2002

.....having the benefit of hindsight, you\'re mistaken. Not 15 but 23 questions (!!)in barely 45 minutes. All apparently destined for a mysterious \"financial glossary\".

Seriously, I suspect people have been deceived but can\'t understand why. It all seemed so obvious.....(?)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wake up

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »