Thread poster: teju
Marianela Melleda
Marianela Melleda  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
R.I.P. Henry Dec 27, 2015

I am so sorry for the news. Even though I did not meet Henry personally, I had the opportunity of interacting with him in this forum and I had the impression that he was not only an excellent professional, but also a very helpful and kind person.

Taña Dalglish
Taña Dalglish
Jamaica
Local time: 04:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
R.I.P. Henry Dec 27, 2015

Very sad news indeed. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family, relatives and many friends. His participation on ProZ will be sadly missed. A prolific contributor, and one of the founding members of ProZ, his knack of simplifying even the most difficult terms will certainly leave a great void. He gave so freely of his time.

Henry, you will be sorely missed, but your spirit will live on. R.I.P. Henry.

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:30
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm so sorry Dec 28, 2015

and shocked to hear the news. He was a highly respected and admired member of our community. I always trusted his answers, suggestions and comments.

R.I.P. Henry

Aurora Humarán
Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:30
English to Spanish
Very sad news... Dec 29, 2015

Never met you in person, but shared many hours in the prozian space, and learnt a lot from you.

May you rest in peace, colega.

Au

Alejandro Alcaraz Sintes
Alejandro Alcaraz Sintes
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Descansa en paz, Henry. Dec 29, 2015

I am really saddened to learn Henry is no longer among us.
He will be greatly missed in ProZ.com. His contributions to the Q&A forum and his postings will remain and bear witness to his professionalism.
My condolences to his family.
Alejandro Alcaraz Sintes

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very sad news, indeed Dec 30, 2015

Very sad to discover that Henry is no longer with us. I will always recall how very helpful he was to me when I was starting out as a translator, and I will never forget how important CONTEXT is when translating.

Thanks, Henry. You are sorely missed.

David Hollywood
David Hollywood  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
A true gentleman and star May 14, 2016

It is with deep regret that I say farewell to one of the most gifted, generous and loved members of our great community. Always there with a helping hand and always courteous and kind. We miss you Henry and your legacy will provide us all with support for many years to come. QEPD

Wilsonn Perez Reyes

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:30
French to English
+ ...
RIP May 14, 2016

I always liked reading his Kudoz answers - he will be missed.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
R. I. P May 15, 2016

Although I didn't personally know Henry, he was a true asset to this community - of which he and his KudoZ answer will always be a part. You are being missed, Henry. Prayers go out to your family.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sad news for the Spanish ProZ community

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »