Thread poster: teju
Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:30
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
A deep feeling of loss Dec 24, 2015

I have come to feel so attached to the people with whom I share this passion for words, that each death hurts as if it were the loss of a close friend. I'll miss you, dear colleague. Your contributions to the Kudoz forum will always remind us of your generosity through the years.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:30
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Yes me too Dec 24, 2015

Mónica Algazi wrote:

I have come to feel so attached to the people with whom I share this passion for words, that each death hurts as if it were the loss of a close friend. I'll miss you, dear colleague. Your contributions to the Kudoz forum will always remind us of your generosity through the years.

RIP Henry

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
So long, Henry! Dec 25, 2015

Oh my. This is very sad news indeed.

Henry was a firm advocate of our profession and had solid views on what it should look like. His strong voice in these fora and his excellent advice will be missed. Henry's loved ones can feel pride for the sincere appreciation we all felt towards him.

So long, Henry! And thank you so much in the name of the translator community!

George Rabel
George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
R.I.P Henry Dec 25, 2015

Very sad news indeed. Henry was one of the founding members and one of the true superstars of ProZ.

teju
teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Dec 25, 2015

Thank you all for your kind words. I wanted to let you know that I spoke to a friend of Henry's widow today and she will let her know about this thread so she can read for herself how admired and loved he was by all of us whose life he touched.

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
RIP Dec 25, 2015

Sad news...

I've been here only for two years now, but enough to know Henry was this kind of translator everyone admires.

May he rest in peace.

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Very sad news Dec 25, 2015

I loved his posts too!

Charles Davis
Charles Davis  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
RIP / DEP Henry Dec 25, 2015

Very sad news. It's difficult to imagine the site without him. He was a phenomenal translator with a great gift for the simple answer. He'll be greatly missed.

[Edited at 2015-12-25 22:44 GMT]

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
RIP Henry Hinds Dec 25, 2015

Very sad news, I did not know Henry in person but I have read many of his posts and answers and he looked so good in his profile photo it's hard to imagine he's no longer here with us.

He will be missed.

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Sad news! Dec 26, 2015

Im very sorry to hear this!
I remember him as a very competent poster.

Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos  Identity Verified
Bolivia
English to Spanish
+ ...
My fellow T-bird... Dec 26, 2015

Very sad news indeed.

Henry went to Thunderbird for his master's. The same school I attended, a very international, state-of- the- science institution for International Business.

He was a real T-bird. There is this mystique about how t-birds are: very international, very cultural sensitive, very helpful, well-travelled - he was that and more.. a wonderful bridge among cultures and languages.

Gad Kohenov
Gad Kohenov  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:30
English to Hebrew
+ ...
R.I.P. Henry Dec 26, 2015

in the happy hunting ground of translators/interpreters!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
RIP Dec 26, 2015

Lights like Henry's never go out.

Yvonne Becker
Yvonne Becker  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very sad Dec 26, 2015

That's very sad news. Henry was always there to lend a hand. He will be dearly missed.

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Bastante triste Dec 26, 2015

I can but echo the sorrow of my colleagues here. In addition to the benefit I derived from his enormous contributions to this site, Henry was personally helpful to me in responding to personal messages regarding terms and professional issues. This from my earliest days on this site, way back in 2004-2005.

I will miss his help and contributions, as well as his trademark flair ("Ya") and incessant pleas for CONTEXT.

Descansa amigo, que lo has merecido.

Descan
... See more
I can but echo the sorrow of my colleagues here. In addition to the benefit I derived from his enormous contributions to this site, Henry was personally helpful to me in responding to personal messages regarding terms and professional issues. This from my earliest days on this site, way back in 2004-2005.

I will miss his help and contributions, as well as his trademark flair ("Ya") and incessant pleas for CONTEXT.

Descansa amigo, que lo has merecido.

Descansa.

[Edited at 2015-12-27 03:55 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sad news for the Spanish ProZ community

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »