Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:51
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2015

¿Alguien ha pedido un certificado de residencia fiscal en España por encargo de un cliente extranjero? Si eso así, ¿eres de nacionalidad español o otro? Busco experiencias de otros traductores porque tengo gran problemas actualmente. La Agencia Tributaria (o Hacienda, no lo sé) aquí en Fuerteventura no acepta nada como prueba de residencia fiscal en España. Mi asesor les ha dado :
- declaración de renta 2013 y 2014
- empadronamiento
- certificado del banco confirmando
... See more
¿Alguien ha pedido un certificado de residencia fiscal en España por encargo de un cliente extranjero? Si eso así, ¿eres de nacionalidad español o otro? Busco experiencias de otros traductores porque tengo gran problemas actualmente. La Agencia Tributaria (o Hacienda, no lo sé) aquí en Fuerteventura no acepta nada como prueba de residencia fiscal en España. Mi asesor les ha dado :
- declaración de renta 2013 y 2014
- empadronamiento
- certificado del banco confirmando mi cuenta
- NIE verde (certificado de registro)
- alta de autónomo de julio 2012.
¡Nada es suficiente! Exigen ahora un extracto por probar que utilizo mi carta de crédito regularmente aquí. Rechazo porque la cuenta es en el nombre de mi marido también. Mi asesor va hablar mañana con un amigo en la Hacienda de Madrid. Si él no puede ayudarme, voy a escribir a SOLVIT: http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/. Creo que debe ser discriminación ; no es posible que ciudadanos españoles tendrían tal problemas.

(Respuestas en español muy simple por favor)
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 16:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Bureaucratic nightmare Aug 20, 2015

My dear Sheila, it sounds to me as though they are simply messing about for the sake of it. I mean, if you have been working as a self-employed translator, TEFL teacher or wickerbottom chair repairer since 2012, are they now trying to tell you that your tax returns for 2013 and 2014, empadronamiento... etc are no longer valid? Does this mean they are now going to give you back all the money paid in taxes since then? Unless you have an inept "gestor" going about things the wrong way, it sounds to... See more
My dear Sheila, it sounds to me as though they are simply messing about for the sake of it. I mean, if you have been working as a self-employed translator, TEFL teacher or wickerbottom chair repairer since 2012, are they now trying to tell you that your tax returns for 2013 and 2014, empadronamiento... etc are no longer valid? Does this mean they are now going to give you back all the money paid in taxes since then? Unless you have an inept "gestor" going about things the wrong way, it sounds to me as if you might have rubbed someone in the tax office up the wrong way, or else it might even be discrimination/racism, as you suspect.

PS: As I understand it, you have a foreign client who has asked you for the "Certificado de Residencia Fiscal" as a prerequisite for payment. Otherwise, I didn't see why you would need one. Perhaps there is some sort of 5-year rule, where you need to be resident and paying tax for a set length of time before being able to get the certificate? Otherwise, the whole situation just seems ridiculous (which wouldn't be unusual).

A friend of mine from Scotland who works as an educational consultant wants to buy a property in Spain, as his sister has been living near me for over five years now. He's been based here for the last year more or less, although he works abroad in places like Thailand, , Tunisia, Algeria... To cut a long story short, he has been trying to get himself legally established here in order to issue invoices (and pay the taxes due!) for the work he's done since at least last October. It turns out he hasn't been on the "padron" long enough for them to allow him to bill his clients in Spain as an autonomo, and according to the "asesoría" he went to, the only solution is for him to set up his own company, with a minimum start-up capital of over €3000, in addition to all the notary's fees and other expenses he is bound to incur in the process. It beggars belief really, but after a quarter of a century dealing with the Spanish authorites, nothing like this comes as much of a surprise to me any more.

Whatever the case, I hope you manage to get it all sorted out in the end. All the best!

[Edited at 2015-08-20 16:07 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
descubrimiento Aug 20, 2015

Si tienes certificado digital para tramites en la web de la hacienda (mi gestor me lo ha dado), puedes pedir un certificado aqui:
https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/procedimientoini/G305.shtml (Tramites> solicitud)

Lo hago ahora y voilà:

RESIDENCIA FISCAL EN ESPAÑA
Nº REFERENCIA: Numeros
Las autoridades f
... See more
Si tienes certificado digital para tramites en la web de la hacienda (mi gestor me lo ha dado), puedes pedir un certificado aqui:
https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AEAT.sede/procedimientoini/G305.shtml (Tramites> solicitud)

Lo hago ahora y voilà:

Las autoridades fiscales de ESPAÑA certifican que, en cuanto les es posible conocer, YO con NIF: EL MIO, es residente en ESPAÑA.
The tax Authorities of SPAIN certify that to the best of their knowledge, I with
my ID, is a resident of SPAIN.

Tengo un certificado de residencia fiscal.

Si tu gestor no te ha dado tu certificado digital, enviale el enlace y dilo que lo saque pronto. No entiendo porque el no sabe hacerlo.

Y pidelo tu certificado digital tambien si quieres pasear en la web de la hacienda. Hay cosas que puedes hacer ahi sin moverte del sillon, aun mi problema es que no entiendo mucho el idioma...

Philippe
Collapse

Kirsten Larsen (X)
Kirsten Larsen (X)
Spain
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Residencial fiscal. Aug 20, 2015

Para conseguir tu residencia fiscal en España tienes que poder comprobar que efectivamente resides en España más de seis meses al año.

He tenido unas experiencias al respecto.

Saludos,
Kirsten

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Si Aug 20, 2015

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Si tienes certificado digital para tramites en la webS la hacienda (mi gestor me lo ha dado), puedes pedir un certificado aqui:

Lo hago ahora y voilà:

Las autoridades fiscales de ESPAÑA certifican que, en cuanto les es posible conocer, YO con NIF: EL MIO, es residente en ESPAÑA.
The tax Authorities of SPAIN certify that to the best of their knowledge, I with
my ID, is a resident of SPAIN.

Tengo un certificado de residencia fiscal.

Si tu gestor no te ha dado tu certificado digital, enviale el enlace y dilo que lo saque pronto. No entiendo porque el no sabe hacerlo.

Y pidelo tu certificado digital tambien si quieres pasear en la web de la hacienda. Hay cosas que puedes hacer ahi sin moverte del sillon, aun mi problema es que no entiendo mucho el idioma...

Philippe

Yo tampoco soy Espanola pero he solucionado con el certificado digital como Philippe, ententalo Sheila...

Suerte!

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Aug 20, 2015

@ neilmac,
You've summed up my requirement perfectly, and I'm already having to stall my Romanian client, who has an invoice that's due for payment soon. Without the certificate, she says she'll have to deduct 20%.

I've only been here in Spain since 2012. I immediately set up my business here, having been a freelancer in France since 1997! As I don't speak Spanish (getting better but...) I pay a proper asesor to do all my paperwork - one that's a member of the "Colegio" etc.
... See more
@ neilmac,
You've summed up my requirement perfectly, and I'm already having to stall my Romanian client, who has an invoice that's due for payment soon. Without the certificate, she says she'll have to deduct 20%.

I've only been here in Spain since 2012. I immediately set up my business here, having been a freelancer in France since 1997! As I don't speak Spanish (getting better but...) I pay a proper asesor to do all my paperwork - one that's a member of the "Colegio" etc. so I suppose he isn't inept, just rather umm "prone to inaction". I think you're right about the rubbing, but I suspect he's the one that's made an enemy in the tax office, not me.

Looks like I will have to bring in SOLVIT on this one. I don't want to because that really will risk rubbing people up the wrong way, but I'm not going to be discriminated against. Maybe your friend should do the same to sort out his ridiculously unnecessary problem, too. At least they let me send invoices the month I went on the "padron", although they did refuse to give state health cover to my dependant (i.e. non-active) husband for six months on the grounds that we couldn't prove we were married. This after getting sworn translations of our marriage certificate of 33 years ago, our son's birth certificate, etc, etc. What amazes me is that there are Brits here who've never contributed a penny (they even use other Brits to do their houses up "on the black") who get the whole lot for free! Makes you ashamed sometimes! But maybe that's why the authorities are so "anti" nowadays.

@ Philippe,
Mi asesor lo ha hecho, sin éxito. Fue la primera medida, hace un mes. Mensaje recibido: datos insuficientes para identificar si la persona es de verdad un residente fiscal. Después de muchos correos, viajes al capital de la isla, al banco y al ayuntamiento... cada semana, otro documento... nada es suficiente.

@ Kirsten,
Estoy aquí desde 14 Mayo 2012, excepto tres viajes de unas días a Portugal, Francia y Holanda. ¡Soy residente – físico y fiscal! Mis facturas desde hace Julio 2012 vienen de Fuerteventura. He pagado impuestas de renta desde 2012. Tengo nada en otro países – he vendido mi casa en Francia en 2013.
Collapse

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Yo lo tengo Aug 20, 2015

Hola,

No tengo nacionalidad española y recuerdo que hace tiempo me saqué el dichoso certificado de residencia fiscal en un click, con el certificado digital, tal y como lo describió Philippe.

Saludos,

M.

Angie Garbarino
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Aug 20, 2015

[Edited at 2015-08-20 21:26 GMT]

Angie Garbarino
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
No Aug 20, 2015

Perhaps there is some sort of 5-year rule, where you need to be resident and paying tax for a set length of time before being able to get the certificate?

I am a Spain resident since January 2012 and I have dowloaded it in the site of Hacienda with my certificado digital

[Edited at 2015-08-20 18:58 GMT]

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't even know what a Certificado de Residencia Fiscal is! Aug 20, 2015

I'm afraid I can't help you but I am British and apart from being 'empadronada' in Spain and having a N.I.E. and a European VAT number, which is practically identical to my N.I.E., I don't have anything else.

I would recommend my 'gestor' to you but he's on holiday until the end of the month.

I hope someone is able to help you.

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are you a Spanish resident? Aug 20, 2015

According to this, it's only for non-residents.

http://jullastres.es/wordpress/?p=800

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias II Aug 20, 2015

[quote]Angie Garbarino wrote:
Gracias Angie,
Mi asesor tiene el certificado digital en mi nombre - fui al capital de la isla para firmarlo.

Gracias Helena,
But one advisor is already one too many. I think what your link refers to is proofe that the person is domiciled elsewhere i.e. not subject to tax. I need to say I'm subject to Spanish tax, therefore not subject to tax in my client's country (Romania), due to one of those double taxation agreements that are in force.

Gracias tambien a Monika,
Si mi vida fuera tan sencilla!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Poster asked to hide his/her post.
Ana Fernández Ramos
Ana Fernández Ramos  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
The Certificado de residencia fiscal is enough Aug 21, 2015

Hi Sheila,

I didn't have time to read in detail all the posts here, but I can tell you that I am a Spanish citizen and resident in Spain and I was required (by a Greek agency) to provide this "certificado de residencia fiscal" for the same reasons (avoiding extra/double taxation on payments for my work).
I got the certificado de residencia fiscal easily using my certificado digital on the Hacienda link that Philippe posted, as some of you have already commented, sent a copy to
... See more
Hi Sheila,

I didn't have time to read in detail all the posts here, but I can tell you that I am a Spanish citizen and resident in Spain and I was required (by a Greek agency) to provide this "certificado de residencia fiscal" for the same reasons (avoiding extra/double taxation on payments for my work).
I got the certificado de residencia fiscal easily using my certificado digital on the Hacienda link that Philippe posted, as some of you have already commented, sent a copy to the agency and that was all. Nobody required any other documents as proof of my tax residency in Spain, which is the way it should be.
Your client in Romania has no reason to claim this isn't enough to prove your (exclusive) residency in Spain!

[Edited at 2015-08-21 06:53 GMT]
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ana Aug 21, 2015

Ana Fernández Ramos wrote:
Your client in Romania has no reason to claim this isn't enough to prove your (exclusive) residency in Spain!

My Romanian client would be very happy with the certificate, if only the Spanish tax authorities would give me one! They're the ones that seem to need never-ending amounts of proof.

It does sound as though it's either incompetence or discrimination on the part of someone (I hope not on my asesor's part). If no progress is made today I will raise it with the EU discrimination team. If so, I'll let you know the outcome here in case of similar problems in the future.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solicitud de Certificado de Residencia Fiscal en España

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »