Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 12, 2019

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a tool that can do what the glossary look-up functionality in many CAT tools can do, namely a tool in which I can load my own glossaries, and then perform searches on a whole sentences so that the results are given in a single pane or a single report showing matches for all words in the searched sentence. Preferably something that can handle fuzzy lookup and/or stemming/tokenizing for languages whose words tend not to match glossary entries precisely.
... See more
Hello everyone

I'm looking for a tool that can do what the glossary look-up functionality in many CAT tools can do, namely a tool in which I can load my own glossaries, and then perform searches on a whole sentences so that the results are given in a single pane or a single report showing matches for all words in the searched sentence. Preferably something that can handle fuzzy lookup and/or stemming/tokenizing for languages whose words tend not to match glossary entries precisely. What can you recommend (apart from installing a second CAT tool and using its glossary feature)?

Added: Just to be sure, I don't want the tool to find matches for whole sentences. In other words, I'm not looking for a TM tool. I want a glossary tool to takes whole sentences (i.e. multiple words simultaneously) as the search query, and then find results in a glossary for all the terms that are found in the query.

Thanks
Samuel

[Edited at 2019-09-12 20:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase with multi-word look-up

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »