What is the best free freelancer accounting software out there?
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 06:06
English to French
Aug 10, 2018

Hi,

I am looking into the market to see in 2018 what are some good free freelancer accounting software available. Online and offline. I need both actually.

1 I can access online from anywhere, just using an Internet connection. And another offline I can use on my Windows PC.

I am also looking to see what is the best free CAT tool out there : Omega T ?

Ideally I would be looking for a free accounting software that is both available online and of
... See more
Hi,

I am looking into the market to see in 2018 what are some good free freelancer accounting software available. Online and offline. I need both actually.

1 I can access online from anywhere, just using an Internet connection. And another offline I can use on my Windows PC.

I am also looking to see what is the best free CAT tool out there : Omega T ?

Ideally I would be looking for a free accounting software that is both available online and offline, if this is possible..
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 07:06
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
It's already invented Aug 10, 2018

And it's called "Excel". Using a cloud storage (MS OneDrive) and Office 365 subscription, it's also accessible to you from anywhere in the World online on whatever of your devices.

neilmac

aitteam
aitteam
Ukraine
Local time: 07:06
English to Ukrainian
Better than Excel Aug 11, 2018

In fact, our accounting software for translators was born out of Excel file)) The idea to make it came to me when one translation agency sent Excel-file with a list of uninvoiced jobs around March asking me to invoice them. The total was something like USD1500+ so I have thought that I am losing a lot from other clients just because do not have time to do regular chores li... See more
In fact, our accounting software for translators was born out of Excel file)) The idea to make it came to me when one translation agency sent Excel-file with a list of uninvoiced jobs around March asking me to invoice them. The total was something like USD1500+ so I have thought that I am losing a lot from other clients just because do not have time to do regular chores like accounting.

If you or anyone else are tight on budget, write to support and ask for free edition license key, just mention this post. It is very limited but does the job. We have released it just once in exchange of Facebook share or something like that. We would be happy if it will help you organize your clients and finances and you can consider an upgrade after it saves you a lot of money )

BTW, it is one of the last chances to get 'owned version' as we a switching to renewable pricing soon.

[Edited at 2018-08-11 11:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-08-11 11:24 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I recommend BaccS (both Windows and online version available) Aug 11, 2018

Btw, it's actually free if you have the Proz.com Plus package.

Info: https://www.ibaccs.com/

I use the Windows version and am very happy with it.

Michael

Jakov Milicevic

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the best free freelancer accounting software out there?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »