Thread poster: Gregory Lassale
Gregory Lassale
Gregory Lassale  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:04
English to French
Jul 31, 2018

Hello,

I recently completed a ~ 2 hour video transcription. The main person talking was a fast-talking franglais mumbler and the conversation was often in the middle of crowded room and only the main person was mic'd...and the background music was loud at times). Anyway, I did this right in a text editor and a big time suck was that every second of the video had to be accounted for in the timecode (even if only background music or just room noise).

What macOS transcrip
... See more
Hello,

I recently completed a ~ 2 hour video transcription. The main person talking was a fast-talking franglais mumbler and the conversation was often in the middle of crowded room and only the main person was mic'd...and the background music was loud at times). Anyway, I did this right in a text editor and a big time suck was that every second of the video had to be accounted for in the timecode (even if only background music or just room noise).

What macOS transcription software is out there that has the capability to populate timecodes with one click? I found one called F5 but wondering what else is out there.

Thanks!

Gregory
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transcription software (macOS)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »