Thread poster: Frances Bryce
Frances Bryce
Frances Bryce  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:15
German to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2018

I am currently revising a large document which has thousands of repeated segments. I am currently looking at "first occurrences" and am working through revising these. So far it looks like about 2-5% of the first occurrences require minor revisions. I now want to ensure that ALL OCCURRENCES of these repeated segments are updated accordingly (i.e. that the changes I have made are copied across to all of the repetitions) and to confirm these relatively easily without having to click through eac... See more
I am currently revising a large document which has thousands of repeated segments. I am currently looking at "first occurrences" and am working through revising these. So far it looks like about 2-5% of the first occurrences require minor revisions. I now want to ensure that ALL OCCURRENCES of these repeated segments are updated accordingly (i.e. that the changes I have made are copied across to all of the repetitions) and to confirm these relatively easily without having to click through each segment.

Please could anyone offer any pearls of wisdom as to how to do this in a reasonably quick and unclunky fashion. Surely this has to be possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:15
English to French
"CAT tools Support" category Jun 29, 2018

For specific Trados queries, it may be better to use the ad hoc forum.
You may get more input from people who track such discussions.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2017: Updating and confirming all occurrences of revised content

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »