proofreading word MACRO that compars two documents and finds missing numbers or number errors
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 07:53
Apr 4, 2018

Hello,

I would like to find or create a macro that compare source and target document and let you know if any number is missing or is incorrect.

I would appreciate any ideas or guidance how to do that!

Company where I work does not allow any external software for confidence reasons, so creating a macro seems to be the only option.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:48 GMT]
... See more
Hello,

I would like to find or create a macro that compare source and target document and let you know if any number is missing or is incorrect.

I would appreciate any ideas or guidance how to do that!

Company where I work does not allow any external software for confidence reasons, so creating a macro seems to be the only option.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2018-04-05 07:47 GMT]

Collapse

Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
Local time: 08:53
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
AceProof Translation Quality Assurance Software Apr 4, 2018

You are welcome to try AceProof Translation Quality Assurance Software.

It's been released last month and does 34 checks in 5 groups of errors.

Numbers actually being one of the group!

If you miss something, feel free to write to support.

[Edited at 2018-04-04 10:13 GMT]

Doreen Schoon-Hammermann
Doreen Schoon-Hammermann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:53
English to German
+ ...
Try Apsic Xbench Apr 5, 2018

Hi Lenart,

I highly recommend Apsic Xbench: https://www.xbench.net. It supports a lot of different input formats and is customizable using regular expressions, which is very useful for implementing customer specific preferences.

There is al
... See more
Hi Lenart,

I highly recommend Apsic Xbench: https://www.xbench.net. It supports a lot of different input formats and is customizable using regular expressions, which is very useful for implementing customer specific preferences.

There is also a free to use version: ApSIC Xbench 2.9, https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download.
But I definitely recommend buying 3.0 as it has a lot of additional features.

Best,
Doreen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proofreading word MACRO that compars two documents and finds missing numbers or number errors

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »