Confessions of a Social Geek: Hello!
Thread poster: sosyalguy
sosyalguy
sosyalguy
Philippines
Jul 11, 2016

Hi everyone!

I am just new here and I am a social geek.
I would love to network with everyone here as I am starting to leverage my skills as a VA and would like to establish connection with you. I like to exchange ideas and your ideas would contribute to my everyday learnings.

I hope I can learn from you all as I believe in mutual learnings....
See more
Hi everyone!

I would love to network with everyone here as I am starting to leverage my skills as a VA and would like to establish connection with you. I like to exchange ideas and your ideas would contribute to my everyday learnings.

I hope I can learn from you all as I believe in mutual learnings.

I think this is enough for my introduction. Hope you will welcome me with virtual arms wide open!:cool:

Chat soon!

SosyalGuy
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:42
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome! Are you a translator, or interpreter? Jul 11, 2016

sosyalguy wrote:

Hi everyone!

I hope I can learn from you all as I believe in mutual learnings.

I think this is enough for my introduction. Hope you will welcome me with virtual arms wide open!:cool:

Chat soon!

SosyalGuy

Thanks for joining us. I would like you to share with us if you are a translator, or an interpreter, and the languages you work from/to, as that is not clear from your profile.

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2016-07-11 15:27 GMT]

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:42
French to English
VA Jul 12, 2016

I'm all for "mutual learning",

how about you start by telling me what a VA is?

sosyalguy
sosyalguy
Philippines
TOPIC STARTER
VA is for Virtual Assistant Jul 13, 2016

Texte Style wrote:

I'm all for "mutual learning",

how about you start by telling me what a VA is?

Hey there! VA is for virtual assistant. I am a remoter worker And I would love to learn from you too! I am working to manage social pages for clients. TO maintain the pulse of their pages.

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:42
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Hm... Jul 13, 2016

1. This is not a social network;
2. This is not a network for virtual assistants;
3. You are not a translator/interpreter and by the looks of it neither are you a PM or outsourcer.

I'll ask my window cleaner to register here as well now, you know, because we're social geeks.

It seems anyone is allowed to register here even if they have no connection to this field. If this is the case, it's time for me to ask for a refund of my fee.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Perhaps ... Jul 13, 2016

... he just lost his way. After all, if you're a techy geek, you would slot easily into "Technical Forums", which has this "Social Networking" subcategory, making it perfect for social geeks. But the fact that he seems to have nothing to do with translation isn't lost on me either. My window cleaner was asking about this just the other day as well, but I told him he might be getting his windows confused with his Windows, and the best option would be to find a window cleaning forum.

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:42
Portuguese to English
+ ...
This is too funny :) Jul 13, 2016

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
... the fact that he seems to have nothing to do with translation isn't lost on me either. My window cleaner was asking about this just the other day as well, but I told him he might be getting his windows confused with his Windows, and the best option would be to find a window cleaning forum.

Thank you for that, Mervyn!

I hope I did not sound too rude to the OP. My post was directed more towards ProZ's vetting skills and lowering of standards...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Windows everywhere Jul 13, 2016

Actually, there are loads of window-cleaning forums/associations/federations/pressure groups/militants out there. Just Google "window cleaning resources" - it opens up an entire window to the world of windows.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Confessions of a Social Geek: Hello!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »