Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes: "About Translation" Jul 16, 2009

Yes, I have a couple of translation-related blogs.

One of them, About Translation, was chosen last year by LexioPhiles among the 100 best translation blogs, and is currently a candidate for the same honor this year.

It is now in its fifth year of activity, provides inf
... See more
Yes, I have a couple of translation-related blogs.

One of them, About Translation, was chosen last year by LexioPhiles among the 100 best translation blogs, and is currently a candidate for the same honor this year.

It is now in its fifth year of activity, provides information, news and opinions on professional translation, with the aim, among other things, of providing advice for translation beginners.

One of the articles from About Translation (Translation tests v. translation samples) will be featured this month on the ATA Chronicle.

Please come and visit!
Collapse

No Jul 16, 2009

That would be a fun pass time for those who are so inclined.
As for me, simply no time.
I'd rather be writing a book or so rather than wasting my precious time on that route of endeavors (sorry, that's me think).

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Off-topic: @ Madalena Ribeiro Jul 16, 2009

Madalena Ribeiro wrote:

Yes, one about cooking. I love to cook
It's still in the beginning, I started it on June:

http://apanificadoraribeiro.blogspot.com/

All your recipes look so delicious, I bet you are a PRO(z) cook!
And as a cat lover myself it's great that you have included cats in both your blog profile picture and in one of the cake pics.

Fernando Tognis
Fernando Tognis  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:00
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes. About my pinhole pictures (fotografía estenopeica) Jul 16, 2009

I take pinhole pictures and post them on my blog. I also write articles about this technique.
http://estenopeicasdelojoblindado.blogspot.com/
Hope you like it!

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Off-topic (2): Madalena, thank you! Jul 16, 2009

Madalena Ribeiro wrote:

Yes, one about cooking. I love to cook

http://apanificadoraribeiro.blogspot.com/

Pães de queijo vs pães de chocolate... Yes!!!! Thank you for sharing that.

Do you prepare queijadas?

Katia Perry
Katia Perry  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Jul 16, 2009

but after reading the postings here I will consider having one. It seems it may be interesting.

Lydia, would you mind giving the address for your blog? I´m interested in reading your postings.

Katia

[Edited at 2009-07-16 17:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-07-16 17:20 GMT]

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Ditto Jul 16, 2009

Maria Drangel wrote:

I couldn´t imagine to stop social networking, although I see that a lot of people in here seem to think that it is a waste of time... For me it works great and I like it, that is all I can say

I LOVE Facebook...resisted it for a long time, but it has enriched my life very much.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:00
Spanish
+ ...
Yes and I follow others Jul 16, 2009

I started a blog just recently: Claudia's Translation Blog (Am I original or what?). I basically wanted to share the little tricks I've discovered throughout the years I've had as a translator and as a freelancer. And logically I use Twitter to post my updates and follow other's. The funny thing, although it shouldn't be surprising, I've already got two very intere... See more
I started a blog just recently: Claudia's Translation Blog (Am I original or what?). I basically wanted to share the little tricks I've discovered throughout the years I've had as a translator and as a freelancer. And logically I use Twitter to post my updates and follow other's. The funny thing, although it shouldn't be surprising, I've already got two very interesting leads from my blog and one from Twitter. Twitter also allows me to keep up with what's going on in the industry, tips, webinars, etc.

I do follow several translation blogs that are absolutely fantastic and very useful: like Naked Translations, About Translations, Matthew Bennett's blog, Translation Times, mox's blog (a must read!!), etc.

I hate Facebook with a passion though. I'm a bit paranoid so I wasn't a big fan of it to begin with, but with all the word about how Facebook uses all the member's information to sell them crap, I decided to cancel my account.
Collapse

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
No is definitely missing Jul 16, 2009

No, no time. I keep contact with those who I care for via Skype or, even a telephone!!!

Facebook & co are being investigated in Germany because of their one-sided terms of business which is another reason not to go with the flow. Once your pics & co are in the net, you cant get them back out!!

[Edited at 2009-07-16 21:43 GMT]

bookwormkt
bookwormkt
Local time: 22:00
French to English
+ ...
To busy to blog!!! Jul 16, 2009

I have just finished my main teaching post for the summer holidays. I have 6 weeks to restore some kind of order to the house, which is a complete mess, then venture into the garden, where the twin compost bins are taking on Alpine proportions whilst the weeds are taking over the borders.

I also have to look after our 4 children, walk the 2 dogs, and on a good day maybe even speak to my husband!!!!

My 'social networking' tends to be done the low tech way - I meet up wit
... See more
I have just finished my main teaching post for the summer holidays. I have 6 weeks to restore some kind of order to the house, which is a complete mess, then venture into the garden, where the twin compost bins are taking on Alpine proportions whilst the weeds are taking over the borders.

I also have to look after our 4 children, walk the 2 dogs, and on a good day maybe even speak to my husband!!!!

My 'social networking' tends to be done the low tech way - I meet up with friends and talk to them

I have a personal translation project for the summer and some ICT training for work, plus any additional translation work that comes my way.
Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:00
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
No... Jul 16, 2009

...but I would accept a lunch invitation from Madalena anytime!

Alessandra Martelli (X)
Alessandra Martelli (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes, personal Jul 16, 2009

I do have a blog, and I like it.

It isn't focused on a particular topic, it is just a place where I put some little bits of myself (music I like, pictures I take, books I read, cooking recipes, ...) and, yes, sometimes I translate poems I like and post them, but I really couldn't call it a translation related blog.

I think it is my "Coney Island of the mind", and I like the idea of people coming in, reading and sometimes sharing their thoughts about what I wrote.
... See more
I do have a blog, and I like it.

It isn't focused on a particular topic, it is just a place where I put some little bits of myself (music I like, pictures I take, books I read, cooking recipes, ...) and, yes, sometimes I translate poems I like and post them, but I really couldn't call it a translation related blog.

I think it is my "Coney Island of the mind", and I like the idea of people coming in, reading and sometimes sharing their thoughts about what I wrote.

If you wanna jump in, please help yourself: http://graffidisigaretta.splinder.com
(It is in Italian, but music is universal and you can enjoy some of my favourite tunes)
Collapse

Sophia Shishatskaya
Sophia Shishatskaya  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 01:00
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes, and I like it! Jul 17, 2009

I've had a personal blog for about 6 years, I sometimes write about translation matters, but generally it is a place where I can share my thoughts and feelings about things that happen to me. It also helps me to relax after a hard day's work. I've found some really good friends there.

P.S. I've added you as a friend, Anthony (http://tonytraductor.livejournal.com) - I hope, you don't m
... See more
I've had a personal blog for about 6 years, I sometimes write about translation matters, but generally it is a place where I can share my thoughts and feelings about things that happen to me. It also helps me to relax after a hard day's work. I've found some really good friends there.

P.S. I've added you as a friend, Anthony (http://tonytraductor.livejournal.com) - I hope, you don't mind
Collapse

daniel137
daniel137
Polish to English
+ ...
Exactly!! Jul 17, 2009

LittleBalu wrote:

No, I don't have a blog. No, I don't want one. And no, I don't do social networking.

The poll is missing an option.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Poll: Do you have a blog?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »